Still Rocking!

sailinsoon

Question, how much ginger does one take? I'm also taking my first cruise, I already have an on going inner ear problem, which I take daily meds for, now I planned on bringing motion sickness OTC meds, the recommended Bonine sounds good. I previously read on these boards about taking ginger also, but how much? Now this is the first I'm hearing about an after the crusie "sickness of disembarkment" and I'll be returning to work "on a computer -all day" just 1 day after getting back!

I took on tablet prior to breakfast and one prior to dinner and I was fine. Just make sure you take a little water with the ginger.

This reminds me of when I was in the National Guard. We would sleep outside the headquarters tent which had to have a generator running all night long. I had a Sergeant who said he got so used to the noise, that when he got home he would have to go outside and start the lawnmower under his window at night to fall asleep. I don't know if there was any truth to this, but it did remind me of the rocking problem after I got off the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for your illness. I had this for about 1 1/2 months after our cruise. I didn't have this on our last cruise and had NO problems on the cruise. None of the "seasickness" meds helped me. I had the patch and ginger before, during and after the cruise. Dramamine also did nothing but make me sleepy. My doctor had never heard of it (mal de debarquement) but you can look it up. The symptoms got better when I was driving but were worse when I was walking slowly or climbing stairs. Some people have this problem for years but thankfully mine went away! I took no meds for it and did nothing but drink lots of water (it never hurts!). I just gradually got better. Good luck to you! (and look this up on the net...it made me feel better to know I was not crazy.):rolleyes:

Archived