7AM-3PM Can I do Trunk Bay & How

CMM

I was also on the Crown sailing last week and did the same thing as CMM, except I was an hour behind. I would recommend leaving ASAP as the rush hour traffic was pretty thick and it did take about 50 min to get to Red Hook from Crown Bay. Also, I was going to take the 1:15 ferry back to Charlotte Amalie in order to not pay as much taxi fare back from Red Hook. We left Trunk Bay (it was fantastic, btw) and went to Cruz Bay to shop around a bit and I just happened to walk over to the ticket window to get our return tickets. Luckily I did, because the 1:15 was cancelled and we had to take the 1 back to Red Hook. No biggie, and we were back at Crown Bay by 2, had to be back on the ship by 2:30. I just wish that the Crown could stay there one more hour to be able to get in beaches plus shopping! Great trip overall and it was cheaper than the ship's excursion.

Does the snack bar have beer/wine type drinks? Thanks for coming back and giving us an update!

The food area was more like a shack with a few picnic tables and another shack with some t-shirts & snorkel/chair rentals. I don't believe they sold beer. Nothing fancy there. I appreciated the convenience of the venders. They were close to the beach area.

There were a number of bars and cafe type places right by the Cruz bay taxi/ferry area.

Spicey that is scary about the 1:15 ferry being cancelled. I am glad you made it back!

Yes, it was scary that the 1:15 was cancelled! We sort of adopted another passenger that wanted to go back to St. Thomas with us, but when we went back to Cruz Bay to shop, we went our separate ways. I freaked and went running through the shops looking for her because she didn't know that we had to go 15 min early! We ended up finding her at the nick of time, and it all ended well.

We did take the taxi to Trunk Bay with a "local" or someone that was familar with the beaches and he suggested to snorkel to the right of the big rock and snorkel trail and to go all the way around the rock. He said that you may see sea turtles or bigger fish as it is deeper. We didn't see any turtles, but we did see a big stingray on that side and it was cool going all around the rock formation. We did find that the seas were more rough on that side.

Archived