Digital Photo Taking

I'm not Sue

also keep in mind, it takes 3 CDs to download a 2GB CF memory card. The cost of downloading to CD far exceeds the cost of CF itself. I myself took laptop with me, which is used for daily download and GPS as well.

I'm going round and round about taking the laptop with us for reviewing/storing pics. I am still a novice photographer with my dslr, and find it extremely difficult to view the pic on the lcd on the back of the camera and decide if that was a good shot or should I delete it. At least if I review the pics during the evening of day one and find out I'm off on some settings I can adjust and maybe have better pics for the following days.

Yet the thought of packing yet another item (the laptop) along is not so pleasant either (seems like we are already taking everything including the kitchen sink) ;)

I'm afraid to ask about the gps/laptop deal. That sounds interesting, but would probably cause me to spend more money on stuff... :)

I take several flash cards and download to a data storage device called Wolverine. Works great. But, I tend to take hundreds of photos and shoot in RAW format. For the average photograher, flash memory has really come down in price - so a couple extra cards should work fine.

I'll second this suggestion. Wolverine works great, and will allow me to leave the laptop at home! Also can store video or music on it, so iPod is not going either ...

Memory cards are getting cheaper - I bought a 1G Sandisk last month at CircuitCity for $20 - today I got a 2G Ultra for $30 (bothSD).

Good to have spares and more than enough memory in case a card fails - and cards are easier to pack than a laptop.

Frys had a memory stick pro for sony 4gb for $29 with free shipping 10 days ago. It will hold 1950 pics at 5mp.

Archived