Fact or Fiction - Freedom Moving to Port Canaveral

Just off Rhapsody today (7/22) where a crew member told me last night that Freedom will be repositioning to Port Canaveral. I don't have any additional information such as timing, etc. and can't confirm whether this is true or just a rumor but thought I would share it nevertheless.

I wouldn't plan any cruises on her out of PC unless or until RCI officially announces such a move. ;) All that they have said so far is that any announcement about a replacement for Mariner won't be made in the near future. It never ceases to amaze me how much inside information is available from relatively low-level crew members. The fact that most of it proves to be wrong doesn't seem to stop the rumors from being circulated but it should cause people to be at least a bit skeptical. :rolleyes:

Just off Mariner of the Seas today and Captain Johnny announced at the C&A reception that Mariner will be moving to LA in 2009 and that possibly one of the Freedom Class ships will be moving to Port Canaveral. Mariner has been booked to capacity for the last few sailings and the next several sailings are booked to capacity, so they feel Port Canveral could handle a bigger ship?? Captain Johnny was asked if he would be moving with the Mariner, and he responded by saying he would like to stay in Port Canaveral.

Mariner of the Seas was a wonderful cruise.. I would like to go again before it moves.

Archived