Valor Luggage Help

wcdive

We are sailing on the Valor for the first time on Aug 5th for seven nights. How much of a hassle is it to carry on all of your own luggage? We are bringing our own scuba diving gear and I feel very nervous about checking it since our trip is based around diving and it would ruin our vacation if it were lost. Should I check our clothing bags and carry on our dive gear? Do you think I should carry it all or just check it all? All of the bags are wheeled. Thanks for any help you guys can give me!!

We are sailing on the Valor for the first time on Aug 5th for seven nights. How much of a hassle is it to carry on all of your own luggage? We are bringing our own scuba diving gear and I feel very nervous about checking it since our trip is based around diving and it would ruin our vacation if it were lost. Should I check our clothing bags and carry on our dive gear? Do you think I should carry it all or just check it all? All of the bags are wheeled. Thanks for any help you guys can give me!!

You can carry on anything of a normal carry on size (like a plane) It has to fit through the x-ray machine at security.

However... Things to consider... You will be standing in lines. In Miami there is a lot of up and down on escalators. And depending on what time you plan to board, you may not be able to get to your room right away. They close off the corridors to the passenger rooms until about 1:30pm. So you may be lugging whatever you carry on around the ship for a while.

Honestly, as a diver myself, I would check the clothing bags and carry on the dive equipment, particularly if you have a dive computer and/or regulators. But I wouldn't try to carry on a dive knife!:eek:

Laura

I normally carry on my reg and mask. The rest I pack and check, but I drive to the ship so a dive bag isn't a problem. You can take a knife but it has to be checked in and out at each port. I hope this helps. Also no takes, but I figure you knew this.

We are also driving to the port (no tanks of course!). Since you have been to that port, how much of a pain is it if we decide to carry our own stuff? Is there a lot of walking (stairs, escalators, etc.)? Thanks!!

We are also driving to the port (no tanks of course!). Since you have been to that port, how much of a pain is it if we decide to carry our own stuff? Is there a lot of walking (stairs, escalators, etc.)? Thanks!!

I've been on Valor twice and it seems like it's the longest walk to board a ship that I've ever had!!

There are escalators and the last stretch is so looonnggg that they have moving sidewalks.

I'd carry on as little as possible.

Archived