Aerlingus to Rome. Any thoughts?

I need a one way to Rome from JFK and would rather not use my points.

Aerlingus offers reasonable fares to Rome via Dublin. Have found one way for as low as $350. Any thoughts about Aerlingus?

Marty

We flew Aer Lingus from roundtrip from JFK to Barcelona through Dublin in June 2005. I wasn't impressed by the airline but the fare was several hundred dollars lower per person than other airlines. Dublin airport was easy to navigate for customs and security (although the line was long), but there aren't many services despite the mobs of people flying, and there was a lot of construction at that time.

If there were flights available on Continental or another major airline with a fare within $150 of Aer Lingus, I would chose the other airline. Otherwise, it offers adequate service and the transfer is less of a hassle than connecting through a larger airport such a Heathrow.

We used Aerlingus last year to fly from New York to Dublin and between Dublin and London. It's no Singapore Airlines, but the overall impression was very positive. Aircraft in good condition, friendly customer service, ok food. I would definitely use them again.

I need a one way to Rome from JFK and would rather not use my points.

Aerlingus offers reasonable fares to Rome via Dublin. Have found one way for as low as $350. Any thoughts about Aerlingus?

A couple of years ago I flew Airlingus from Dulles (DC) to Dublin, then to London, and then back. It's fine--nothing to write home about, but nothing to rant about either! Sounds like you've got a terrific deal, so if I were in your shoes, I would go with it.

Archived