Scooters on QM2

Ribble

I think someone mentioned there was a scooter "parking Lot" at the restaurants on QE2. How about QM2?

Where do you park a scooter at the grills?

We are renting a scooter and the rental company says it will fit through a standard cabin door - - that you don't need a handicapped access cabin. Any experience?

What areas are not accessible with a scooter?

Thank you,

Rich

You might check your rental company again: have they rented a scooter that went on QM2, and how did that work?

The scooter width WOULD fit through any standard door, but what of the door sill?

QM2 has ADA cabins (had one once, "oceanview", nice large shower, again no sill) and you might book one of those.

You might check your rental company again: have they rented a scooter that went on QM2, and how did that work?

The scooter width WOULD fit through any standard door, but what of the door sill?

QM2 has ADA cabins (had one once, "oceanview", nice large shower, again no sill) and you might book one of those.

We already have tickets for 8/3. I got the door demensions from Cunard. They told me that the door width is 25". The rental company said 25" would be fine. I think they have done QM2 before, but not 100% sure.

Rich

I've only seen one scooter in the Queens' Grill on QE2, which was taken away by the waiters after the diner had been seated. The waiters loved it.

I've not seen a scooter park anywhere else either. To say so makes these ships sound like God's Waiting Room. They aren't. Okay, some of the passengers are very elderly - or rather very old - but don't assume you'll outrun them.

Have you seen a horde of Grannies go for the front seat of a coach? - very Monty Python!

Matthew

Have you seen a horde of Grannies go for the front seat of a coach? - very Monty Python!

Matthew

I have indeed; returned recently from a coach holiday with my mother (her choice;)). They move like Linford Christie when a cup of tea or front coach seat looms.

NEVER AGAIN............

I've not seen a scooter park anywhere else either.

I think that each restaurant has its own way of dealing with them. In Caronia there are often three or four parked by the disabled entrance; The Britannia Grill has space just by its level entrance and the Princess Grill has space just outside the lift. I don't know what happens in either Mauretania or Queens Grill.

To say so makes these ships sound like God's Waiting Room.

No. Just the QGL:D

Hi

My husband and I have been on the QM2 twice and will be on again in January 2008. We did not use a scooter when we were onboard the last two times (but my husband sure should have used one --:) ).

this next time we have a handicapped cabin and will rent a scooter. Though I don't think you will have a problem getting through the door, you may have little room to move around and get past the scooter once in the cabin.

Many people were using scooters on the QM2 and the waiters were very nice about it. If people wanted to scoot to the dining room and then walk to their table, that was fine. If they wanted to scoot to their table, that was fine too--the waiters seemed to love to scoot out and park--always had a huge smile on their faces when doing so!

Hope this helps. Enjoy --

Eileen

I know you where asking about the QM2 but I thought others may be interested in the accesabillity on the QE2.My husband used one over the last 3 weeks aboard and found it quite easy.You do need to use E staircase mostly and some of the passangers are astonishingly rude but on the whole we mannaged.We could not get a disabled cabin so it was a bit tight,we had a P2 so we 'parked ' in the wardrobe!I think in a smaller cabin you would have a problem.Some of the ramps are a bit 'space mountain'ish.If you know what I mean.Tony was pointed out alot because of his Mercedes scooter,and no they do not make them!He worked for them and they customised it for him.It caused alot of interest on the cruise.

Any more info required just ask.

Regards

Kathie and Tony:)

Archived