FAX From CCL: "25% Milestone"

Tom-n-Cheryl

Just curious if anyone else has received a similar FAX from Carnival.

I received this last night - FAXes from CCL late at night usually mean that they are informing me of an itinerary/ship change on a future booking.

This is different.

It LOOKS like an invoice, saying "QTY : 1..... 25% Milestone..... Balance Due $.01"

I have people at Carnival looking into it (they are often the LAST to know, LOL).

In the back (ok, the FRONT) of my mind I am thinking that since I just completed my 25th Carnival cruise, that it might have something to do with that... but I haven't a clue.

Anyone else receive one of these????????

Tom

I wish I could help you but not sure what it means. I just did my 28th cruise but still did'nt receive anything like you just did.

Carnival is having one of the biggest sales Thurs. I heard and you probably know. This may have something to do with it but my PVP said this sale is not good choice for past guests.

Hope someone helps you figure it out.

Cassandra

WOW 25 carnival cruises. I don't know if I will ever get there. That adds up to a lot of days spent on a ship.

You will get there Alex, hang in there (but I will be at 50 by then, LOL :D ). Looking forward to seeing you on the Miracle this Christmas!!!

I wish I could help you but not sure what it means. I just did my 28th cruise but still did'nt receive anything like you just did.

Carnival is having one of the biggest sales Thurs. I heard and you probably know. This may have something to do with it but my PVP said this sale is not good choice for past guests.

Hope someone helps you figure it out.

Cassandra

One of the people I contacted at Carnival said that it might have something to do with it - then said that since I receive the military discount, that it's usually much better anyway... THEN they tried to tell me that the FAX meant that since I was at 25 sailings I would receive a complimentary 25% onboard credit. I asked "25 % of what??" They, not being sure, said that my next booking was showing a $50 credit, and that must be it. I replied that the $50 credit she was referring to was actually my $50 onboard credit (Shareholders credit) - at that point, she was out of "answers". I think she was just grabbing at options, without ANY real knowledge. (I have never heard of any additional Platinum perks !!!)

Like a lifesavers lollipop - THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW.... :rolleyes:

Tom

I just received an e-mail from CCL (SOME people there are FAST!).. here is what is KNOWN at this point...:

Hi (*&(*&(*&,

Mystery solved. Cynthia from ReSolutions just called me back and found out the answer. You sort of were on the right track. We are creating a system whereby the computer automatically generates a report when a guest has sailed on 25 cruises, 50 cruises, 100 cruises, etc. However, what you received was actually a "glitch" in the system and went out to guests appearing as an invoice, which is incorrect. I don't have any details yet about this "counting system", but if I am updated on it, I will be happy to let you know.

Thanks,

(*&(*&

So... we shall see...!

Tom

Why would they send a fax instead of an email? Do they not realize that it is now 2007? :D

Well - in the past when they asked if I prefer my guest confirmations be sent via FAX or E-Mail, I did request FAX... though it is somewhat IRRITATING when my phone rings at 1, 2, or 3 AM!!!

Hey, it's 2007 ??? :confused: :rolleyes: ;)

Tom

Keep us informed as to what the 25% Milestone is.. someone has to know, did the Fax leave a name and contact number?

Fred

I will update as I know more... there was a 1-800 number on the "invoice" which was noted as the "certificate phone"... hmmmmm

Something in the works, I hope!!

Tom

Well # 28 coming up in Sept for us, have heard nothing as of yet.

Well.. perhaps this "glitch" as they call it (since the new system is designed to generate a report following the 25th, 50th, 100th sailings) occurred since I just had my 25th... perhaps my sleep will not be disrupted by a FAX for 25 more sailings... LOL

Tom

Tom: I started reading at the first of the thread, and every time I even had some small theory, it would be busted with the next post. I can not think of another use of the word 'milestone' within the cruising industy without it refering to special numbers, like special anniversary dates (25 silver, 50 golden, etc.)

. . .the FAX meant that since I was at 25 sailings I would receive a complimentary 25% onboard credit. I asked "25 % of what??"

Had to chuckle when I read your words, as I was thinking 'em as well. Visions of being told you get to pick out a free piece of art at the Park West auction, but you're only given the frame. Or perhaps you and Cheryl get a complimentary meal in the supper club. . . but only the appetizer.

Hopefully this 'glitch' is an indication of something much more special that is still yet to come to you. I hope so. See ya in October.

Just curious if anyone else has received a similar FAX from Carnival.

I received this last night - FAXes from CCL late at night usually mean that they are informing me of an itinerary/ship change on a future booking.

This is different.

It LOOKS like an invoice, saying "QTY : 1..... 25% Milestone..... Balance Due $.01"

I have people at Carnival looking into it (they are often the LAST to know, LOL).

In the back (ok, the FRONT) of my mind I am thinking that since I just completed my 25th Carnival cruise, that it might have something to do with that... but I haven't a clue.

Anyone else receive one of these????????

Tom

Pay 'em the penny, ya deadbeat. :D

Dan

Pay 'em the penny, ya deadbeat. :D

Dan

LOL! Maybe you're on 25% restriction until you pay up. ;)

Let's all send them a telepathic message back....

Elite (Black) card......

Should we all fax them??

In my case, the 25% would be the weight gain I can attribute to all my Carnival cruises. :o

I love it! A long-timer leavened by some levity and mystery. This is what I came here for. I'm so tired of forums with desigated 'experts'.

I hope you get 25 FREE CRUISES --though I suspect it'll be a little bit less.:)

I love it! A long-timer leavened by some levity and mystery. This is what I came here for. I'm so tired of forums with desigated 'experts'.

I hope you get 25 FREE CRUISES --though I suspect it'll be a little bit less.:)

Indeed - the land of the UNKNOWN!

I received, for whatever reason (still a GLITCH no doubt), ANOTHER FAX this morning (1:03 AM)... the same message as the night before.

Here is a small copy of the first...

176857498-L.jpg

I am going to start taking the phone OUT of our room at night...

Tom

Archived