Would this work?

ispisthebst

That is cutting it really close. IF the ship is on time and docks at 8am, and IF you can carry your own luggage off the ship and be one of the first ones off, and IF you can find transportation to FLL immediately, it MAY work.

If they off load your luggage, by the time you get off the ship and find it it could be 9 - 9:30 at least.

I would recommend trying to find a later flight to be safe.

Cheers,

I am debating weather to go on the 430 pm or the 1145 am. They are both the same price but i dont know what i would do for the time waiting for my plane to leave. Would you be risky and take the 11:45 or relax and do the 4:30?

I realize that it would be a wait, but I personally would opt for the later flight. That way I don't have to rush around first thing in the morning. I can take my time leaving the ship, find my luggage, transporation to FLL, and then relax at the airport.

Another thing to consider is traffic. Let's say you get off the ship early, manage to find your luggage quickly, get your transportation to FLL, and there is a big accident on the way. Now you are stuck in a traffic jam.

We always fly in a day early and fly out the day after just to avoid the "same day" hassle.

Cheers,

If you are able to get to the airport earlier, sometimes the airline will be willing to put you on an earlier flight if there's seats avaiable. I'd go for the later one - if you miss the earlier one, you may not get seats on the later flight.

If you are able to get to the airport earlier, sometimes the airline will be willing to put you on an earlier flight if there's seats avaiable. I'd go for the later one - if you miss the earlier one, you may not get seats on the later flight.

that's exactly what happened to us....we got to the airport early, asked if we could move to earlier flight...they said sure for 100.00 each....hmmmmm...so we decided to wait...then we got to the gate three hours early and they paged us and asked if we would like to be bumped to the earlier flight since our flight was overbooked! so we got home before the time we were even supposed to leave, and didn't have to pay extra!and our luggage got there with us!

Have a great trip!

Beverly

We also booked a late afternoon flight and ended up getting to the airport hours early. The airline attendant helped us and we were able to get an earlier flight at no extra cost.

I am debating weather to go on the 430 pm or the 1145 am. They are both the same price but i dont know what i would do for the time waiting for my plane to leave. Would you be risky and take the 11:45 or relax and do the 4:30?

If I were you I would book the later flight, nothing worse to take the air out of your sails ( so to speak) than having to rush around and worry about missing a flight.

Definitely without any doubt whatsoever, RELAX and do the 4:30

Archived