Alaskan Cruise Tours

xz3k3x

Are there any meals included during the land part of a Princess Cruise/Tour?

How many and which ones? We are planning a cruise/tour on the Sapphire Princess, June 30 Northbound. The tour is the Alaska Wilderness: Copper River 6 night land.

No.

If you can, try to get away from the Princess enclave and eat at an independant place. It may or may not be possible if you dont have transportation. By the end of our cruise tour, we were all "Princessed out" and were asking the locals where to eat. It was worth a few cab rides. At the McKinley princess, you are better off taking the shuttle in to Talkeetna and eating there as the MP is the only place to eat for miles around.

An interesting perspective is offered by captainbk. We took a combined Princess CruiseTour with an add on to Nome and Kotzebue. We stayed at the Kenai Princess for a couple of nights, the Denali Princess for one night, and Princess put us up at Bear Lodge in Fairbanks for a night. We spent several nights in Anchorage. I thought the CruiseTour was worth the money although I will admit that with a person who knows what they are doing you could get the same or a better tour at a reduced price. The best thing about the Princess CruiseTour was that I didn't have to worry about anything which in and of itself has a value to it.

No, food was not provided except when we were on a couple of tours that served us lunch. The rest of the time we were pretty much on the go and had no desire to go searching out a restaurant except when we were in Anchorage. Try Marx Brothers Cafe or Simon & Sieforts (I am not sure of the spelling) in Ancorage. The restaurants at the Princess Lodges were okay but pricey. However, everything in Alaska is pricey. The remoteness of the Princess lodges is what makes them beautiful but it also makes them inconvenient to access alternative dining venues.

Archived