just back from the 7/14 crown sailing

tonimari99

Hi everyone! Just back, and here's a brief review...

The ship is stunning. Nothing short of that. It is beautiful, and although the bathrooms in the room are tiny to say the least, the beds are comfy. The pools are beautiful, but on our sailing nearly impossible to get in. The ship was incredibly crowded, but I'm sure it has everything to do with the time of year...kids and teachers are out of school. When I did want to swim the only place that I would go was the terrace pool. A little disappointing there due to lack of music and jacuzzi, but more comfortable than the other pools. For dining we did Sabatini's and Crown Grill. The extra money is well spent. The food was incredible at Sabatini's, and am missing it now! We saw several comedy shows, Sarge was a headliner and amazingly funny. We also played trivia and bingo, very fun. For evening entertainment it is a little disappointing how early everything shuts down. Skywalkers is ok, but gets a little old after a few nights. If you get to Skywalkers see Trevor and Dan the bartenders...ladies you will thank me ;). Cookies and pastries at the international cafe are great. The pizza for lunch was good. For the ports...here's my recommendations, in San Juan do the rainforest...we didn't and after seeing pictures and hearing reviews we regret it. In St.Thomas we did the best excursion that I have ever done. We went on the champagne catamaran sail to St.John and it was PERFECT. It was the highlight of our trip for sure. Bermuda is beautiful, and pricy. We did 9 beaches, but i also think the famous hideaway tour was fun. We spoke to some people that loved it. In Turks, not much to do. Everyone is basically in the pool at Margaritaville. The pool is HUGE! Fun. The ship is amazing, but I will probably opt for a ship that holds less passengers next time. Oh yes, I almost forgot, all the questions about clothes...formal, is that, formal. Suits, Tuxes, gowns and cocktail dresses. VERY few were not dressed. The rest on the smart casual nights the ship looks like a golf club. Ladies, all the talk of Bermudas and different styles were EVERYWHERE in the dining rooms, including the Crown Grill and Sabatini's. I wore a dress everynight, and was happy I did. Bring some warmer tops too...it gets chilly at night. Any questions, let me know. I'm sure I forgot alot of good points...:)

Toni

"The rest on the smart casual nights the ship looks like a golf club. Ladies, all the talk of Bermudas and different styles were EVERYWHERE in the dining rooms, including the Crown Grill and Sabatini's. I wore a dress everynight, and was happy I did."

Can you elaborate on this a little more, Bermudas do you mean capri's ? Can you tell how the men dressed in the Crown Grill & Sabatini's ?

Also, did you happen to try the Sanctuary ?

Bermudas are the slightly shorter length capris, and were worn all over the ship. Men wore golf shirts and khaki's to suits. Thats really how large the range of dress was, but everyone did look nice regardless of the level of casual to formal. Hope this helps.:)

Bermudas are the slightly shorter length capris, and were worn all over the ship. Men wore golf shirts and khaki's to suits. Thats really how large the range of dress was, but everyone did look nice regardless of the level of casual to formal. Hope this helps.:)

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the review.

We did the Crown on June 17th and I was impressed by how nicely everyone was dressed, even on casual nights. I brought a few dresses, 2 gowns for formal nights and other nights wore capris with dressy tops. I saw many dressed the same. A lot of pretty dresses on the ladies and guys in nice slacks, golf shirts or sports jacket and shirts. The Crown seems to attract a very classy group.

Archived