Summit 8172

nessy48

My husband and I just booked on the Summit for August of '08. We reserved stateroom 8172. We were just curious if because it is in the back of the boat, is the movement very evident? My husband was afraid he would feel alot of rocking. Any opinions from anyone who has stayed on the back would be greatly appreciated.

My husband and I just booked on the Summit for August of '08. We reserved stateroom 8172. We were just curious if because it is in the back of the boat, is the movement very evident? My husband was afraid he would feel alot of rocking. Any opinions from anyone who has stayed on the back would be greatly appreciated.

We have cruised in aft balcony cabins to Hawaii (CC 8185) and West Coast/Alaska (FV 9199) cruises and Florida-Panama Canal-LA (CC 9154) which is starboard side balcony at rear next to aft facing FV cabins.

There is a little rocking in rough water. Of course, the rest of the ship is rocking some too. The bow is worse and midship may be a little better.

We did not find the rocking bothersome to us. It is even a little relaxing while sleeping.

Enjoy your aft balcony, they are the best.

The Med in August should be wonderful, not like a TA or Pacific cruise, but weather can always create problems. Aft cabins are to die for so if the ship pitches everybody will be in the same boat, but modern stableizers are so wonderful you will be used to the moderate motion by the end of the first full day and won't think of anything but the great CC breakfast that you will have on your amazing balcony every morning! Enjoy!:D

We have cruised in aft balcony cabins to Hawaii (CC 8185) and West Coast/Alaska (FV 9199) cruises and Florida-Panama Canal-LA (CC 9154) which is starboard side balcony at rear next to aft facing FV cabins.

There is a little rocking in rough water. Of course, the rest of the ship is rocking some too. The bow is worse and midship may be a little better.

We did not find the rocking bothersome to us. It is even a little relaxing while sleeping.

Enjoy your aft balcony, they are the best.

Hi Calilfornia Dreamin'! We are leaving Sept 7 on Summit, also in cabin 9199 southbound Alaska inside passage---and we live in Fallbrook California! You don't happen to have any photos of 9199 do you? It's our first balcony on a cruise and we're very excited. You can email marylyon"at"roadrunner"dot"com if you have photos you wouldn't mind sharing!

It looks pretty roomy. Does it have ample closet/storage space? We're travelling with Mom, so there are three of us with luggage. Thanks in advance for advice. Susie

Hi Calilfornia Dreamin'! We are leaving Sept 7 on Summit, also in cabin 9199 southbound Alaska inside passage---and we live in Fallbrook California! You don't happen to have any photos of 9199 do you? It's our first balcony on a cruise and we're very excited. You can email marylyon"at"roadrunner"dot"com if you have photos you wouldn't mind sharing!

It looks pretty roomy. Does it have ample closet/storage space? We're travelling with Mom, so there are three of us with luggage. Thanks in advance for advice. Susie

Susie,

I have photos and will e-mail to you tomorrow. It is very roomy. Closets are adequate, a few more extra small storage spaces than regular and CC cabins. The luggage can slide under the bed and steward will stow some of it for you if necessary.

These are perfect for three or four people, except for having just one bathroom. The women's and men's locker rooms on deck 10 forward do have three nice big showers, mirrors, sinks, towels and three bathroom stalls which someone could use to alleviate the demand for the cabin bathroom.

These are great cabins. You're going to love it.

Thanks for your kindness and advice John & Carol---we'll watch for the photos! If I read your clock correctly, you are leaving in 4 days!! Bon Voyage! It is especially nice that you're taking time out from packing and preparing to answer my post---I love cruise critics!! I'll watch for a review!

Susie

I was in 8172 on a Summit Panama Canal cruise in April and it was wonderful. I don't remember any out of the ordinary motion or vibration. It is an excellent choice!

Should not be a problem.

We were in 9201 and there was no motion or vibration.

But you may want to have your friends over - if your going with anyone on the balcony.

It has the best view.

Also you should be able to hear the music from deck 10 if they are there and still doing that.

Archived