Whale watching...is Juneau the only place?? Skagway?

sarahjane

sarahjane, I called them a few weeks ago because there was a possibility I was going to cancel an excursion due to a time conflict.

If you decide that you do not want to do your excursion, then I'd get carol on the phone as soon as you can to explain the misunderstanding with your situation. I can't imagine that they'd refuse to give you a FULL credit. On the other hand, if Orca said they would make your schedule work, i'm sure they will. Maybe that's why she went ahead and charged your card?? Either way, best to get confirmation in writing.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;9;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

...until Alaska, Radiance Of The Seas

Sarahjane

If You get a message then you did get a call back. if you provide your CC # then you are booked. Orca is Known for making special events happen. In my opion leave it in there hands.

Yeppie,

I did not get a call back (or message) after the last time I talked to Carol. There had been conflicting information coming from Northstar with the different employees at Orca. So Carol said she was going to call them herself and get a definite answer and call me back for the approval. She never did, but she DID charge my credit card on the very last day before it was about to EXPIRE. hmmm...

I gave the credit card information on the day I first contacted them, before we realized that the timing was going to be so tricky. After that it was well understood by both of us that the reservation was not set until we were satisfied that the timing would not be a problem. THAT never happened.

sarahjane

Serenade to Alaska 7/25/04!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;7;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Serenade 7/04

Enchantment 1/04

Voyager 7/02

Majesty 2/01

Just an update...

I spoke to Carol and we agreed to cancel the reservation. She did not sound too happy, and truthfully I can't blame her. I know she went above and beyond the call of average customer service in trying to arrange the timing between the 2 excursions for us. It did sound as if she thought it would work out. But it was OUR fears that were the issue. We have never been to Juneau, and don't know our way around there. However, we have had experiences on other cruises and vacations where the timing went off and things got messed up. In the end, we decided it's just not worth stressing out over and taking the chance. PLUS this gives us an excuse to have to go BACK to Alaska!! (always plan ahead! icon_biggrin.gif)

Anyway, just wanted you all to know that Carol has taken care of the cancellation, and was very professional and even kind considering how much trouble I must have been for her.

If (when) we do get to go back to Alaska again later, I will DEFINITELY try to book a whale-watching tour with Orca (hopefully she will forget about this incident by then!! icon_redface.gif )

Thanks for all your concern!

things DO work out for the best!

HAVE FUN!

sarahjane

Serenade to Alaska 7/25/04!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;7;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Serenade 7/04

Enchantment 1/04

Voyager 7/02

Majesty 2/01

Archived