Should I wear…?

We are going on NCL to Hawaii next month and I was going to bring along my, rarely worn, summer halter dresses to wear on board ship for dinner etc. Then I read about how cool the public areas on board are kept and I was wondering if I should plan for something more covered? What do you all think?:confused:

Take them, by all means, along with a lightweight shawl, wrap, sweater or such that you can throw over your shoulders if you're chilly. I'm always cold, and I find the theaters and public areas can go either way (I mean, cold or not), but I always take a wrap just in case!

I went sleeveless to dinner almost every night, and was never too cold.

A cruise is a great time to break out those seldom-worn clothes. A pretty shawl in a neutral color doesn't take up much space in the luggage, just in case. Go for it!

I am one of those people that always gets cold...in restaurants, theaters...shopping...wherever. I always have to take a jacket with me.

Gotta say though...I wore sleeveless every night in the dining room, and never ever got even the slightest chill. I took a wrap, but never wore it.

By the way, I LOVE your avatar!! I have the entire series on DVD, plus Serenity!! My son and I LOVE them!!

I've gotten cold in the theatre onboard ships, but never in the dining room.

On our last cruise, we were actually hot every night while eating dinner. I have a couple of evening jackets that I took and I had to remove them. My husband and other men in the area were hanging their jackets on the back of their seat.

Your sundress sounds perfect for your cruise. Take a light wrap along, you may need it at times.

First, thanks for all your input.

Just so I can get a better feel for the environment ;) how cool do they keep the dining room and theater, like a mall, a movie theater...? I'll definitely bring a wrap along but I'm also concerned about my legs as my dresses are about knee-high.

And, thanks, happysinglemom, as you can tell, I'm quite a fan too.

Archived