What is the latest time you can get off the ship?

ispisthebst

My ship is supposed to dock at miami at 8 am. My flight leaves at 430 pm what is the latest i can get off the ship?

I want to say that the ship must be cleared at 9 or 10 to get ready for the next set of pax. I do know that the ship that we just got off of offered excursions for pax who had flights after 3:30 that actually took their luggage and eventually the pax after the excursion to the airport.

if there are no customs problems they are going to want you off fairly early. you can take your time w/ breakfast, even stay until 9:30ish, maybe, but they won't make things super comfortable for you.

perhaps there are others who have stayed on longer, but remember, they are all busy getting ready for the next group of pax to embark. they will be cleaning up, prepping food for lunch on lido, etc. and your staterooms will be off limits after a certain time.

They would prefer you to get off when your deck is called... keep in mind, not much going on that last morning, except for everyone preparing for the next arrivals, which will start boarding between 10:30 and 11 usually... so out of courtesy to the upcoming passengers, try not to drag it out too long ;) It really depends on how fast things are moving with debarkation and customs that morning... we've had times we couldn't get off until 1PM due to customs problems... and times we've been off by 8am...

Not sure how all the ships work, but we have stayed until "last call" at 10am on the lido deck watching the cargo get loaded for the next crew. You must be out of your state room by 8:30 as I recall, so if you're comfortable, 10am is the latest.

consider a post cruise excursion. All the ports 9as far as I know) offer this if you have a late flight, many of these excursions take your luggage and load it on a uhaul and take it to the airport while you're off exploring and you are generally dropped off at the airport. a great deal if you can find something that interests you.

So I guess I should take the 11:45 am flight from FLL instead?

NO.

Off the ship does not mean "off the ship, through immigration, customs, on the curb, with a cab, and out to the airport." Especially if anyone on your party is not a US citizen or permanent resident. Those lines are very, very slow.

Also remember, if you are going from the Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale Airport, it can be slow. Best bet: keep the later flight. Unless you are on Southwest, most airlines will let you standby for an earlier flight.

So I guess I should take the 11:45 am flight from FLL instead?

what are you interested in doing to pass the time until your flight? If nothing, I'm worried that you can't stay on the ship past 10am, will be forces to sit in the airport, any reason not to enjoy the day on excusion.. private or ship sponsored?

you can always hit the airport and try to slosh flights to an earlier one if this is what you want, this places you on "stand by" and is irritating to get two onboard, let alone more, don't know how many are in your group, but worth a try:D

NO.

Off the ship does not mean "off the ship, through immigration, customs, on the curb, with a cab, and out to the airport." Especially if anyone on your party is not a US citizen or permanent resident. Those lines are very, very slow.

Also remember, if you are going from the Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale Airport, it can be slow. Best bet: keep the later flight. Unless you are on Southwest, most airlines will let you standby for an earlier flight.

Yeah im going on southwest, I guess I will just take the later flight than.

We just got off the Pride on 7/22 and the way it worked for us was that is you have a flight prior to 2pm you would automatically be put into the "early group" to get off the ship early. If you had a flight at 2:05pm you stayed on until your floor was called to disembark.

Not sure if this is normal but we were the 1st group to be called (after self assist and the pre-2pm flight groups were called) and we did not get off the ship until 10:40am - many people did not get off until after 12pm. They said they had to have the crew go thru customs which sounded like something they normally don't do so that may have slowed up the de-embarkation process (980 crew members...ugh).

Anyway for the Pride 2pm flights was the magic time - if you book earlier than 2pm you get off in the 1st group - after 2pm you get off when your floor is called.

Have fun

Steve

We just got off the Pride on 7/22 and the way it worked for us was that is you have a flight prior to 2pm you would automatically be put into the "early group" to get off the ship early. If you had a flight at 2:05pm you stayed on until your floor was called to disembark.

Not sure if this is normal but we were the 1st group to be called (after self assist and the pre-2pm flight groups were called) and we did not get off the ship until 10:40am - many people did not get off until after 12pm. They said they had to have the crew go thru customs which sounded like something they normally don't do so that may have slowed up the de-embarkation process (980 crew members...ugh).

Anyway for the Pride 2pm flights was the magic time - if you book earlier than 2pm you get off in the 1st group - after 2pm you get off when your floor is called.

Have fun

Steve

They do that every 6 months... we got caught up in that mess on the Conquest last year... what a mess. Most people missed 2pm flights... what a headache.

Yeah im going on southwest, I guess I will just take the later flight than.

Last month in Las Vegas, I had a 2½ hour layover, and they DID let me stand by for an earlier flight when I showed up at the gate. Got home early. I was flying on a senior ticket.

Bev

We are doing consecutive cruises on the Fantasy. Carnival told us that we can stay on as long as possible, but we must dissembark and reboard with a new card. they also told us we can probably reboard as soon as possible.

Anyone know if this is true?

I wouldn't change your flight plans. When you do disembark, head to the airport and check in at the ticket counter and see if you can change your tickets or stand by for any earlier flights. The reason I would NOT change your flight plans - or try to until you reach the airport - is on the off chance that someone holds up customs and you end up getting off later than usual. We even had one ship that didn't even get in until three hours after it was supposed to....you just don't know.

If you still want to explore...take one of the excursion offered that will eventually drop you and your luggage at the airport.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived