Serenade GS 1554

Lyann

We had this cabin for our Alaska trip this past June. It is a good cabin in a great location. Our only concern that we had was that if you are laying on the bed (right side) and your curtains are open fully, the cabin balcony to your left can see directly into your cabin and see you on your bed! This is because of how the cabin is angled on the hump. The people next door did a fairly good job when they were out on the balcony to not stare over into our balcony. Privacy is achievable with closing the curtains 2/3's to block the view from the next cabin. It was WONDERFUL to lay on the bed on the right side and see the scenery directly from the bed.

My husband and I had this cabin on the Southern Carribean. I thought the people being able to see you from the other balcony was going to bother us but it really was not an issue. The best part of the cabin is the balcony doors slide open from the center so it feels like the entire cabin is open to the balcony. Hopefully it's the same concierge, Maritza. She was great. We enjoyed stopping in for a beer and a glass of champagne every day. She even brought my husband some ginger ale and crackers with some motion sickness medicine one day. She said 1554 was her favorite room.

1511976408_SerenadeoftheSeaspart1040.jpg.be87c7f954083f5cd025ab3f8464a23e.jpg

82639274_SerenadeoftheSeaspart1080.jpg.2c65200eef74c0140c7855173a6fdb2d.jpg

Enjoy!

We are in this cabin for our cruise to Alaska next June.I notice the balconies are totally enclosed,is this a problem?The pics look very dark and it gives the feeling that the balconies are also dark.I never thought about the people in the next door cabin being able to see you in bed,sounds a bit off putting.I thought this cabin would be the best of the GS and booked it immediately the cruise was advertised.Is it worth changing cabins or should I stick with the one I've got?

• 1 year later...

This suite is the best suite on the ship! The entire balacony is glass. It is directly across from the conceirge and stairs. Windjammer is above but heard no noise...only the player piano from next door in the Royal Suite which made the cocktails on the balcony taste even better!!!

Archived