scuba diving in ketchikan- has anyone done this?

fajitapita

Just curious if anyone has ever gone scuba diving in Ketchikan. I know they offer snorkeling through the ship tours. Alaska Deep Six offers 2-tank dives, but I was just wondering if anyone has ever done this or knows anything about the company.

Fajita Pita

Song of Norway 12/79

Tropicale 12/84

Explorer of the Seas 8/3/02

Mariner of the Seas 1/4/04

Serenading to Alaska for our 10th anniversary!

Roll call for Serenade 8/1/04 click here

Time until our next cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;8;1;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0700

I'm interested in this too. My husband recently got SCUBA certified and now he only wants to go somewhere if he can dive. I really want to go back to Alaska next summer, so I need to know all about SCUBA opportunities in order to convince him. :-)

Sherry

Carnival Spirit - July 11, 2001

I have done quite a bit of diving in Ketchikan. It is truly wonderful but it is definitely advanced diving. The best outfit in town is "Wind and Water". For safety reasons they will only take advanced certified divers with a drysuit specialty. Diving there is best done at slack tides to avoid the strong currents. Their website is Wind & Water Charters

(907) 247-2082.

• 1 year later...

I did a scuba dive in Ketchikan a couple of years ago, I think we went to Windy Point. It was a tour offered through the ship (Carnival Spirit).

It was single tank and not dry-suit but 7 mm neoprene wet suits. I do lake diving in Switzerland and the temperature was about the same, so it didn't bother me that much. After the dive, they had warm water ready we could pour into the suit, felt like a hot shower, very nice!

Right now, I'm also looking for a scuba tour in Ketchikan, as our upcoming cruise (HAL's Statendam) only offers snorkel excursions. I contacted Alaska Deep Six but they didn't reply.

Marc

• 11 years later...

Wind and Water Charters, which looks like it is the real, experienced, serious dive shop in Ketchikan says on their website:

CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS: No Dives Available Due To Limited Dock Times

This thread was started in 2004! The "husband" I mentioned in my previous post has been my "ex" for 10 years. Luckily, my current husband likes to go to Alaska every summer and doesn't scuba dive! :hearteyes: