Vision Aft Cabin

Hello seasoned cruisers;

My wife and I are sailing on the Vision OTS in October and were able to snag a corner aft cabin (8588). Just wondering if anyone has any pics or has stayed in one of these corner cabins. I know the balconies are huge, but I'm hoping there's not a downside (noise from above/below, etc.).

Thanks!

We were in 8088 on Grandeur, sister to Vision. The only problem we had was soot on the balcony. They power washed the balcony once, but the soot soon returned. Other then that, it was a great aft balcony!

Rick and Deirdra

My DH and I had 8088 on the Vision this past March. We were thrilled with this AFT cabin and balcony. We loved it so much, we booked it again for March 2008! Can't get better than that!

The soot isn't too big an issue on the Vision, although you will see it. Small tiny flakes of it from time to time. Just be sure to NOT wear your white t-shirt on the balcony and clean the lounge chairs and chairs before you sit and you'll be fine. Enjoy the Vision!

We were in 8088, 8588's sister cabin as well. We never noticed any soot on the balcony. Maybe we were just lucky. It's the best JS on the ship if you want my opinion. This ship class shakes a little when docking but there is no noise in the aft cabins on deck eight the you won't hear on any other cabin on that deck. You have a great cabin and I would not give it up.

Here's a few pics of the Balcony and room. Sorry we're a bit messy.:D Just imagine everything mirrored.. you get the idea. I just realized, this is 8588, we were in 8588, this is your cabin. The beds may have been upgraded though. We were not that messy either so it should ok. ;)

P1010001.jpg.58327afe0e25bcce0224ed7f28955cde.jpg

P1010002.jpg.b1e0f62e3c9196c8f397856e60ed3c15.jpg

P1010003.jpg.2b73cf5ebfa4d7162f882bfad1390dff.jpg

P1010004.jpg.16384743d2a34a9a314f862a8ecbec1b.jpg

As above have posted, you have more soot than noise. And the noise is very, very, very little. As for the soot, don't wear white socks on the balcony. Loved our aft balcony 8088 on Grandeur. We were on the repo from Baltimore last fall to NOLA. Great cruise!

Deirdra and Rick

As above have posted, you have more soot than noise. And the noise is very, very, very little. As for the soot, don't wear white socks on the balcony. Loved our aft balcony 8088 on Grandeur. We were on the repo from Baltimore last fall to NOLA. Great cruise!

Deirdra and Rick

I just realized the aft cabins 8088 & 8588 are much different on Vision. The view and ship are mostly the same though. That's weird you all saw so much soot, I never saw any on Grandeur, maybe it has something to do with the wind direction.

Oh, and you wear white socks on a cruise??? In Annapolis, we burn all our socks before Memorial day!;)

I've never noticed any soot on the balcony of 8088. I did hear the bass from the lounge 2 decks down on our last cruise, but it was pretty faint & didn't last too late. Above is the relaxation area of the spa, so other than the occasional spa-goer during the day you won't see many people from there. And as I recall, the deck above that is a public one that can see a bit of your balcony, so mind what you wear when you're near the rail!

Jean, on our cruise in March, we definitely had soot! Little black flecks on the deck and surrounding chairs. They came around and washed all the aft balconies on day three, and even put notices in all the cabins "not to leave anything on the balconies and keep the doors shut", since they would be washing them down.

We'll be in 8088 on the Grandeur next month and I'm bringing a box of wipes. I hope that will help with the soot on the balcony furniture because I think my DH is pretty much planning on spending the entire cruise out there (LOL).

See photos linked in my sig of Rhapsody 8088. We have also stayed in Vision 8588. I didn't upload those photos because Rhapsody & Vision have the same deck plans so our cabins/balconies were the same, just mirror image.

I believe Vision/Rhapsody are the only 2 Vision-class ships with true wraparound balconies on the corner afts. And they are magnificent!!

We have had a corner aft on Splendour too. No comparison. Not only is there no wrapround, there is a metal wall that you have to peak around it to see out the side of the ship.

We had no soot at all on our vision cruise in August 2005 and no noise issues.

letsrun26 - you have nabbed a primo cabin/balcony. Enjoy! :)

We were in 8088 on Vision in May - the balcony was fabulous! We had no problems with soot or noise during our trip. That balcony has spoiled me!

There is new bedding, and during our cruise they also replaced the furniture and drapery in the cabin.

The staff on the Vision was one of the best we've had - wonderful, lovely people. Have a great time.

We just got our room changed from 8092 to 8088, that just showed up available before final payment.

How many chairs did you find on the balcony with Vision? I was surprised to see only one lounger and 2 regular chairs in the picture on Rhapsody 8588. That doesn't seem like enough loungers.

What was your experience? Thanks so much!!

Stephanie

We just got our room changed from 8092 to 8088, that just showed up available before final payment.

How many chairs did you find on the balcony with Vision? I was surprised to see only one lounger and 2 regular chairs in the picture on Rhapsody 8588. That doesn't seem like enough loungers.

What was your experience? Thanks so much!!

Stephanie

Congratulations! You scored big time! :D You are going to love it!

On Vision we had 2 loungers, 2 regular chairs and a small table. If the configuration is not to your liking you can certainly request what you need from your cabin steward. No guarantees but I'm sure he/she will try to accomodate.

If the steward doesn't come through I suppose you could always do a middle-of-the-night stroll to the pool deck and __________ (I'll let you fill in the blank. :p ;))

Archived