Soveriegn of the Seas 1st Cruise

Out to sea this Monday July 30th and completely excited about it! This is my 1st cruise and my partner's 3rd. I found it so cool reading all sorts of reviews, which most were good, particularly about the service aboard the ship. The bad, reviews (very few) just made me laugh and only confirmed that there are still idiots out there and onboard that there is no pleasing them and don't have good times while on vacation...hey it's a cruise...get a life!! I just hope we won't end up dining with grumpy people! I have been reading all sorts of stuff here since 330am this morning and found so much useful info to only confirm the fact I booked on the right ship for my first cruise. Our stateroom is on Deck 9. Looking forward to taking in all the sights and exploring all the areas of the ship and the events. The only thing I am nervous about is my Birth Certificate. As a Navy brat, I was born in Puerto Rico and have "photostatic copies" of the original as so documented on it. In other words it's black and the lettering is white. It does contain the raised seal from Puerto Rico and also has the official IRS 50cent cancelled stamp on it making it valid. This is the only BC I have or my parents ever owned and I am sure it is not a hospital BC as far as I know. What is a hospital BC??? If anyone can help I would certainly be appreciative as when I explained what my BC looked like to RCI customer service, they said it sounded acceptable to them.

Thanks, Joe

Hi Joe, sounds like your hospital BC is actually a Hospital Birth Certificate.

I would guess that the seals etc should do the trick although that said I would have had it checked out.

However!!! not to worry as for the grumps just consider the source. We have done a couple of NCL Sun cruises and if we had listen to the grumps would never have gone. Looking forward to a RCL out of Venice this fall on the RCL Splendor?? and the Dawn out of Buenos Aires next spring.

Just remeber the "grumps we will have with us always"

Have fun

C&Dmich:):):)

Out to sea this Monday July 30th and completely excited about it! This is my 1st cruise and my partner's 3rd. I found it so cool reading all sorts of reviews, which most were good, particularly about the service aboard the ship. The bad, reviews (very few) just made me laugh and only confirmed that there are still idiots out there and onboard that there is no pleasing them and don't have good times while on vacation...hey it's a cruise...get a life!! I just hope we won't end up dining with grumpy people! I have been reading all sorts of stuff here since 330am this morning and found so much useful info to only confirm the fact I booked on the right ship for my first cruise. Our stateroom is on Deck 9. Looking forward to taking in all the sights and exploring all the areas of the ship and the events. The only thing I am nervous about is my Birth Certificate. As a Navy brat, I was born in Puerto Rico and have "photostatic copies" of the original as so documented on it. In other words it's black and the lettering is white. It does contain the raised seal from Puerto Rico and also has the official IRS 50cent cancelled stamp on it making it valid. This is the only BC I have or my parents ever owned and I am sure it is not a hospital BC as far as I know. What is a hospital BC??? If anyone can help I would certainly be appreciative as when I explained what my BC looked like to RCI customer service, they said it sounded acceptable to them.

Thanks, Joe

We just got back today from a 4 day on the Sovereign. Had a great time and weather was good. Kind of busy around here today getting things unloaded and back to normal but if you have any questions, I'll try and answer them later on when I get time. Can't help you with your BC. You might want to call RCCL and ask.

Tanker 4

Archived