11am flight from MCO

I am working on booking my flights. After the cruise, I can get an 11am flight out of MCO. However, I am unsure if I will be able to get off the ship at Port Canaveral in time to make an 11am flight. Would I be cutting it too close?

Airlines advising being at the airport at least two hours prior to flight time.

That means getting to MCO by 9:00 AM.

You would have to carry off all of your luggage yourself, doing the self-departure route. Get a taxi and hi-tail it sown the Bee-line.

Since you won't be able to get off the ship until about 7, I don't think you can do it. I certainly would not, knowing what traffic around Orlando and the cruise ports can be like on Saturday or Sunday.

Get a later flight.

Hypo

I would try for a later flight around 1 or 2pm. I can't speak for the debarkation process of the Mariner but if it is anything like the Explorer was at the port of Miami in April, it is a long process!

Definitely try for a later flight, you will feel better and not have to be all stressed out on the last morning of a wonderful, relaxing, 7 night cruise:eek:

Jodie

You could probably make it assuming the ship is on time and there are no delays in disembarkation. Why take the chance or stress? I would book a later flight if available.

If you self disembark.... maybe you'll make it......but traveling the "beachline" hwy 528 as frequently as i do , one accident and or thunderstorm will screw things up tremendously....better book a later flight....you'll feel better and less stressed IMHO

I imagine you would probably be okay, if you are one of the first off the ship and have a ride waiting. Check-in and security at MCO usually moves pretty quick, in my experience.

But I agree with the other warnings. There aren't a lot of good alternative routes if there is something that backs-up 528. Why end your vacation on a potentially stressful note?

We had an 11:30 flight out of MCO this past spring break. We just asked for the first disembarkment tags and we made it with plenty of time to spare. I admit, I was nervous when there was a big line to get off the ship that early, but it went fairly quickly and our ride was waiting for us. Good luck and have fun!

Lori in TN

Archived