Football Season!

Oh Crap.........we are traveling in October next year:eek:

I hope you can, because my husband grew up in Colts Country and after last season.......there is NO WAY he will want to miss a game!

Like he would even miss a game before last season anyways.........:rolleyes:

Congrats on last season. Big Bears fans here:o . If there was a team I didn't mind losing to it was the Colts. Class organization and a classy team.

I did mind losing to the Bears though!! I wanted my guys to make it to their first Super Bowl. Look out this year for us, folks.

I don't know if you can watch football on the ships, that's why I plan my vacations in Vegas during football season, and cruises after the season is over!!!:D

We are Redskin fans, but have never cruised during football season. Wanted to be sure to watch every game. I would, however, be interested to know if the ships broadcast any of the games.

We are Redskin fans, but have never cruised during football season. Wanted to be sure to watch every game. I would, however, be interested to know if the ships broadcast any of the games.

my boyfriend is redskins im more bucs and he will not come on a cruise if there isnt a tv with his redskins on. Say obsessed? lol

They showed football games when I sailed on the Explorer a couple of years ago. I can't remember if there was a sports channel on that particular cruise on the stateroom TV's, though. But in the bars, they showed a game of their choosing on Sunday, and, of course, the Monday night game was also shown.

Hi, First time cruisers here. We are big football fans. Well, actually, we are not big, but we like football a lot. :D Is it possible to watch NFL games on the ship? We are sailing on Freedom of the Seas in October.

We are on the Freedom of the Sea October 7th this year. They do have football in select areas. Last year on the Mariner, it was the sports bar in the viking crown, but on the Freedom, they replaced it with the Diamond club. Someone told me that they do have some kind of sports bar inside the Kareoke bar. We too can't miss the Pittsburgh Steelers game. It will be on at 1:00 on Oct. 7, so after we eat lunch, its off to the bar to watch the Steelers.

Hi Cot,

Good to hear that there is a chance we may see the game. We are sailing on the 14th and the Bears are playing the Vikings. We dont want to miss that one if at all possible.

From my experience, good chance you will miss it unless it's one of the featured games for that week. About all I've seen them carry is the main network feeds.

We don't book until the season is over...February is a nothing happening month anyway. We can't wait until football season starts..note I am writing in TN Orange;) We love it all, pro, college and even some high school teams!

But, to answer your question; On our first cruise in Dec of 2005 we boarded the ship on Sunday, had lunch and went straight to the sportsbar to watch "Saint Manning" play at 1:00. I do remember watching the Monday night game too. I think we were still close to Key West on Monday. I don't know if the games would be broadcast if you were further south though. I wouldn't risk it during playoffs, but I have heard some people watched the Super Bowl on a cruise.

Enjoy your first cruise!

Annie

Patriots fan here. We traveled over Christmas two years ago, and were able to watch the game in the Sports bar. This year we are going to be on the AOS over Christmas leaving home on a Saturday and coming home the following Sunday...could be interesting!

We are football fanatics as well, college & pro. They had NFL and NCAA football in every bar on the ship last November on the Serenade. They were only the games that were on ESPN though. Actually it was ESPN Deportes, but football all the same. :p

Hey Saintsfan. You got a good team there with a good coach. Your time is soon! After the Bears win the Superbowl this year though, OK?:D

Sorry about the idiot fans at Soldier field. We arent all like that.

Thanks for the compliment. There are idiots in all stadiums, and I have met some truly nice Bear fans. I lived in New Orleans back when they played the Patriots, the Super Bowl shuffle days. If you've checked the schedule, we do have a rematch with you guys at the end of this season. We start out against the Colts on Thursday night, and finish with the Bears!! Talk about a tough schedule.

Hi Cot,

Good to hear that there is a chance we may see the game. We are sailing on the 14th and the Bears are playing the Vikings. We dont want to miss that one if at all possible.

That is one week that I will pull for the Bears, for sure!! The team I can't stand the most are the Vikings. They have been a thorn in the Saints side for years, and I love to see them lose. They beat the Saints the very first time we made the playoffs, and I have disliked them ever since then. Go Bears, beat the ViQueens!!! :D

The sports bar had the football games on and DH was THRILLED to say the least!!

We were on the Jewel December 2006 and they did have the Bears/Patriots game on....It was a ton of fun since we were seated next to Patriot fans. The game did cut out here and there so reception will be weather dependent.

When it comes to the football games, they will not show all games NFL or NCAA. On the Jewel back in December they showed on the first night of the cruise the SEC Championship game, USC/UCLA game and the Big Twelve Championship game. The sports bar was packed. They also showed a few NFL games the next day.

It is not so much that they will show what they want. Most of the time they will show only the nationally televised games and your chances of seeing your home team aren't too good unless they are playing in one of those games. It is no different than being in another part of the country during the season, and the local TV outlet shows a regional team that is playing at the same time as your home team. Sunday night and Monday night games will usually be available and if they are on the TVs in the bars or lounges, you can usually view them on your stateroom TV as well.:)

Archived