best nights for Portofino????

Please advise us as to which nights might be the best nights to make reservations for Portofino? thanks for your response.

When you get on board, go to the dining room and ask to see the menus. Then you can decide which night is best for you. We have no idea what you like and don't like.

Honestly...I am a little crazy when it comes to the planning... but I look up the ships daily intenaray to see if there is a day in which I will want to eat earlier or later then seating and if so I make my reservations for that night. Just make sure you are not making it for a formal night...the menus in the dining room are always good on those nights!;)

Anyone been to the Mystery dinner on the Mariner? What nignt was it and was it worth the $$$$ to go? We have never been to any of the special resturants yet, but would like to go on our next cruise. I would also like to try Chops so if we go to two formal nights and the Mystery dinner (assuming the mystery dinner is not on a formal night) that would leave four other nights to try to go to Chops. I also understand that lobster night is on Friday , wouldn't want to miss that, so that just leaves 3 nights, OH NO I am running out of time.....this cruise is just too short!

But if anyone has been I would love to get your opinion:)

Annie

A lot of people go to the specialty restaurants on Caribbean night (or so it seems). If jerk food and thing kind of stuff isn't your thing, get to the restaurant to book as soon as you get onboard. I have found that that particular night sells out the quickest.

... but I look up the ships daily intenaray to see if there is a day in which I will want to eat earlier or later then seating and if so I make my reservations for that night.

That's how I do it too. We are booked for late dining but on our next trip have 2 days excursions that occur early in the morning. The nights before our early excursions are the nights I plan to go to Chops and Portofinos.

Any day that ends with a "Y" and the SUGGESTED attire for the main dining room is formal.

Any day that ends with a "Y" and the wait staff has told you they are going to "sing" for you.

Any day that ends with a "Y" and the menu theme for the main dining room is Italian or Caribbean.

Feel free to apply these simple rules to your decision processs for Chops too!

Andy

Archived