Compare Norwegian Cruise Line to other lines

Degreasy

I have been on the NCL Majesty and loved her. It is the smallest most modest cruise ship that I have been on, it is small on glitz and not at all flashy. There is no grand atrium. If the ship is your destination, and you want all the bells and whistles of the new ships, than this may not be the ship for you.

If you get a great deal to sail on her, and you don't mind a modest cruise experience, this ship will fit the bill. With that said, I have never encountered a more friendly crew, and the ship is very very easy to get around. Lets say that the standard cabins are "cozy", but they are functional, just don't expect to do your morning aerobics in there.

The newer ships are more comparable to the ships from the other big lines. Do some research on NCL's Freestyle program, as this will be the largest difference between the lines.

MAC

We have saild RCI, Celebrity, Norwegian and Carnival. We loved Norwegian for its freestyle cruising. Eating whenever we wanted, dining alone rather than with strangers, and the casual dress all appealed to us. That said, we also felt that the service in the dining room was a notch or two below that of other ships with traditional dining. Whether it was because the waiters didn't get a chance to get to know you or because you were charged up front for your tips rather than getting a chance to tip based on service I am not sure. We found one server who was excellent and started requesting her at every meal. Every dining experience after that was excellent.

Archived