Where did my excursion go???

niffer03878

I just logged onto my reservation at carnival.com and the excursion that I have paid for (The Thrillerboat Ride) is no longer there. Not only is it no longer on my itinerary, it's not even an offered excursion. If it got cancelled that's fine, but am I going to be my money back? There are a few other excursions that I would love to do in it's place.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

I just logged onto my reservation at carnival.com and the excursion that I have paid for (The Thrillerboat Ride) is no longer there. Not only is it no longer on my itinerary, it's not even an offered excursion. If it got cancelled that's fine, but am I going to be my money back? There are a few other excursions that I would love to do in it's place.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

.....they do this all the time. They take people's excursion payments, cancel the excursion and keep the money. How do you think Carnival keeps their prices so low compared to other cruise lines?

(In answer to your question, you'll probably get your money back. Have you called Carnival yet? That might seem like the wise thing to do.)

:rolleyes:

Another option could be that the excursion is allready close to , or is sold out and it has been taken off the agenda, certain excursions like that are limited to smaller amounts of people.

But on the other hand it wouldn't hurt to check into it. Just to make sure.

Catch you later.

2 things the excursion is full for pre-cruise reservations. They limit the number prior to the cruise, so that they can still book people on the ship.

The second is they have pulled that excursion and no longer offer it. We did not check this after we booked our excursions on the last trip and did not find out until we got on board and received all of our pre-paid excursions, yep one was missing.

So I went to the excursion desk and yep, OH we no longer offer that one. Which was a shame because it was the only thing we wanted to do in St Thomas, so we booked another thing which turned out to be lame.

We recievd a credit for the amount on our credit card with out a problem

I just got off the phone with Carnival and yep, our excursion was cancelled just yesterday :( Bummer I was really looking forward to it. They said that they just requested the refund yesterday and it should show up on our credit card within the next 5 days. I looked at all the other offered excursions and there was only 1 that interested me but it's a full $45 more then what we originally had. We have never been to the Bahamas so neither myself or my DH feel comfortable enough going out on our own.

Well.. we have 6 more weeks to decide what we want to do. We just wanted to get the chance to finally see something outside of the US. Oh well... what can you do but go with the flow right....

I just logged onto my reservation at carnival.com and the excursion that I have paid for (The Thrillerboat Ride) is no longer there.

I can pay for my excursions before your cruise? So, let's say, I booked the BOSS Underwater Adventure today... the charge will show up on my next credit card bill?

I can pay for my excursions before your cruise? So, let's say, I booked the BOSS Underwater Adventure today... the charge will show up on my next credit card bill?

Yep, or pretty close to yep depending on when you book and when your billing period closes.

We have never been to the Bahamas so neither myself or my DH feel comfortable enough going out on our own.

Well.. we have 6 more weeks to decide what we want to do. We just wanted to get the chance to finally see something outside of the US. Oh well... what can you do but go with the flow right....

Just thought I would "chime in here".

Search online and find out what you want to do. Whatever it is, you can do it on your own. No problem. Any excursion the ship offered, you can book it on your own. And, it will be alot cheaper!

Taking a taxi is no big deal, there will be plenty waiting to help u out! Also, if you are talking about Nassau, the are public buses (Jitneys) they are $1 to ride. I think the water taxis are $4 to go to paradise island.

The thriller boat ride is not a far walk from the ship (down by the strawmarket). You can go directly to the web site which I dont think I can post here??? Is that advertising? Anyway, just go to www. (the name of the excursion) .com Book online and have a BLAST!:D

Its your vacation, do what you want to do, have fun! Any questions you can email me at becca_n_wa@yahoo.com

Yep, or pretty close to yep depending on when you book and when your billing period closes.

Thanks! That's good to know that it won't be included with all the onboard charges. But one more question, if I cancel the excursion, will it show up on the next credit card statement?

Just thought I would "chime in here".

Search online and find out what you want to do. Whatever it is, you can do it on your own. No problem. Any excursion the ship offered, you can book it on your own. And, it will be alot cheaper!

Taking a taxi is no big deal, there will be plenty waiting to help u out! Also, if you are talking about Nassau, the are public buses (Jitneys) they are $1 to ride. I think the water taxis are $4 to go to paradise island.

The thriller boat ride is not a far walk from the ship (down by the strawmarket). You can go directly to the web site which I dont think I can post here??? Is that advertising? Anyway, just go to www. (the name of the excursion) .com Book online and have a BLAST!:D

Its your vacation, do what you want to do, have fun! Any questions you can email me at becca_n_wa@yahoo.com

It's true most of the time, but not always. Some excursions that are contracted with the cruise lines will not offer a private reservation because of that contract. I've been "denied" a few times because of that. It's always best to check with the tour company first just in case.

Archived