Anyone been on NEW refurbished SOS & Majesty?

We are trying to decide for a short getaway between the SOS & Majesty of The Seas next spring..The Majesty was our honeymoon ship in '96.We just recently cruised the Enchantment in April,and we're booked on the Liberty in Nov.,and the NOS in March '08.....

If you have cruised both these refurbished ships,please compare positives & negatives.We live near West Palm Beach,so distance to port not a factor.Cabins(we like balconies),entertainment,lounges are important...Thanks!

Big Al

We were on SOS the end of last summer. I couldn't compare differences to you since it was our first cruise, but I can share my pictures in my signature, enjoy!

Cavatelli-Great pics!! Thanks so much..looks like the SOS has really been refurbished......

Big Al

I have been on both(pre and post).........if I were you and lived in WPB,I would pick the Majesty........they are both great ships,but I give the edge to the MJ...........it has a deli which the SS doesnt have.......plus it is refurbished recently..........

Dont get me wrong,dont think you can go wrong with either and I usually choose the SS cuz it is closer to me than going all the way to Miami......but if they were both close,I would pick the MJ........

Not sure what cabin category,you'll choose, but we had a GS...

heres some MJ pics...

2676631300042692775yAHAzY_th.jpg

PLUS heres a review I did basically comparing the old to the new..

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=26833

We are trying to decide for a short getaway between the SOS & Majesty of The Seas next spring..The Majesty was our honeymoon ship in '96.We just recently cruised the Enchantment in April,and we're booked on the Liberty in Nov.,and the NOS in March '08.....

If you have cruised both these refurbished ships,please compare positives & negatives.We live near West Palm Beach,so distance to port not a factor.Cabins(we like balconies),entertainment,lounges are important...Thanks!

Big Al

Big Al, We sailed on Majesty this past April shortly after her refurb. She looked really good for an 'old girl'. You really can't go wrong with either ship; however, I think you answered your own question when you said you sailed on Majesty as your honeymoon ship. :)

Sail on her again and relive the memories of your honeymoon and see how different she looks now.

I have been on both(pre and post).........if I were you and lived in WPB,I would pick the Majesty........they are both great ships,but I give the edge to the MJ...........it has a deli which the SS doesnt have.......plus it is refurbished recently..........

Dont get me wrong,dont think you can go wrong with either and I usually choose the SS cuz it is closer to me than going all the way to Miami......but if they were both close,I would pick the MJ........

Not sure what cabin category,you'll choose, but we had a GS...

heres some MJ pics...

2676631300042692775yAHAzY_th.jpg

PLUS heres a review I did basically comparing the old to the new..

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=26833

Parrotthead8-Thanks..how did you like the GS?That's actually the cabin I was looking at........I have to go out now,but I will read your review when we get back.....

Big Al

We were on SOS the end of last summer. I couldn't compare differences to you since it was our first cruise, but I can share my pictures in my signature, enjoy!

Hi Neighbor (well at least the same state). Thanks for the pictures. They were great and they will help me get through the next two weeks. Did you do a review also? I would love to read it.

We just got off Majesty July 16th. SHE IS WONDERFUL!!!

My favorite ship prior to sailing on her was the Sovereign due to staff and just beauty but after Majesty, I am definitely changing to her. Her staff is second to none!!! We got spoken to more by the staff on the first day than I did the entire 7 days we were on the Mariner this past May. Just ask and all is taken care of.

I cannot say enough about the ship but will add this, I like sailing out of Port Canaveral due to simplicity but sailing out of Miami is just BEAUTIFUL. Watching the skyline get smaller as sailing away is just breathtaking.

The only negative for Majesty was disembarkation. This is not the ship's fault, customs was the problem. We had a rather large number of non-American citizens on this sailing and that seemed to slow customs down. Example, we stepped across the gangway at 8:40 and it was 10:30 before we left the building due to slow customs.

Tim

Archived