Qestions about Cunard and gay passengers.

bryanjaync

Look at the roll calls - they're well over 50% gay already!:)

Well the point has been made, Cunard is "gay friendly" and as has been said, only the occasional slob will attempt to spoil that.

But well over 50%, no don't think so.

David.

Well the point has been made, Cunard is "gay friendly" and as has been said, only the occasional slob will attempt to spoil that.

David.

David, if you look back at that entire post, you'll see that Malcolm's comment about over 50% was about the roll calls for the final transatlantics, and not the roll calls in general.

I don't pay a lot of attention to gay/straight, young/old, etc when I look at other passengers, so I don't know what the typical gay component of passengers is. Roll calls are a small fraction of actual passengers on any cruise.

Kathy

David, if you look back at that entire post, you'll see that Malcolm's comment about over 50% was about the roll calls for the final transatlantics, and not the roll calls in general.

I don't pay a lot of attention to gay/straight, young/old, etc when I look at other passengers, so I don't know what the typical gay component of passengers is. Roll calls are a small fraction of actual passengers on any cruise.

You're right Kathy - I was only talking about a couple of specific cruises (If I'd picked the RSVP charter I could have said 100%:D ). I've just checked - on the Eastbound crossing there are 37 people from CC booked, 17 of whom are openly gay and I know that. I wouldn't take my quick count as 100% accurate - it was just done to give an instant tally.

We came across one delightful specimen of humanity last year. Really nasty piece of work, if you weren't Ozzie and straight then you were to be denounced. Pretty much the whole ship, passengers and crew told him where to get off with his attitude. Awful man.:mad: Also had some down home Chrisitians out of FLL once. God but they were hideous. Hated all Gay people. Funniest part was that Pied Piper had a group booked on that was about 75% of the total passenger list!:D

Lexx

Very much looking forward to the Cruisecritic SOU-NYC on the QE2:D

That bloody "ozzie" larrikin !! He certainly gets about. There is only one of him you know...the rest of us "Aussies" are really friendly !:)

Vanessa

• 3 weeks later...

On my last crossing there was a contest held one day in the Golden Lion to see who could come up with the most creative team name. My group, which consisted of a gay couple and me, won that day with our name - 'Two Queens and a Mary' - LOL - we also got a round of drinks so combined with the extra precious extra winning 'chit' we got, it was a pretty darn good day!

:) hi

pnhmrk.

Yes we are every lol, what you do:) robin & I have together for the past 31 years (yes you get less for murder) (UK).

we were one the 1st in the uk to get married last year as well, we did the TA last July and we never go to FOD meeting far too busy exploring the ship.

robin & I have together for the past 31 years (yes you get less for murder) (UK).

It's only just over 11 for Paul and I:(

we were one the 1st in the uk to get married last year as well

October 26th for us. We were on the QE2 when the law changed in the UK, honeymooned on her last year, are on again for our anniversary later this year and are doing a double anniversary next year with the final transatlantics:)

we never go to FOD meeting far too busy exploring the ship.

FOD on the QE2 has never been that exciting. We've normally had more fun meeting CC members on board. One thing that FOD does do is give you and introduction to other people on the ship. You can see known faces all over:)

CUNARDQUEEN, Why not form a gay wave club for the 10th & 16th oct 2008, we can wave to the qe2 from qm2 and vice versa

Rob,

What a great idea! Noon on deck each day and watch as the Queens on the Queen wave to the other Queens on the other Queen;) , Just as the noon day horn is sounded, I rather fear the Captains should be pre warned so they can adjust the ballast tanks, Now all we need is somebody with a telephoto lens to get the photos of the other ship and the passengers!

Of course from the QM2 you will have such a stunning view of the Gracious Lady:)

cheers

Myles

CUNARDQUEEN, Why not form a gay wave club for the 10th & 16th oct 2008, we can wave to the qe2 from qm2 and vice versa :)

wav.gifwav.gif

The wave is a great idea. We will trial the idea on the January 2008 tandem crossing, although I'm not promising it as a gay event or I couldn't be there.

I have the idea of taking one of these walkie talkie things along for the crossing so we can have the chance of inter ship communication too.

I think this could become an iconic event on tandem crossings (for the last three at least). Bring your video camera!

The wave is a great idea. We will trial the idea on the January 2008 tandem crossing, although I'm not promising it as a gay event or I couldn't be there.

I have the idea of taking one of these walkie talkie things along for the crossing so we can have the chance of inter ship communication too.

I think this could become an iconic event on tandem crossings (for the last three at least). Bring your video camera!

ok but I hold the copyright lol

call it

robs transatlanic wave

CUNARDQUEEN, Why not form a gay wave club for the 10th & 16th oct 2008, we can wave to the qe2 from qm2 and vice versa :)

wav.gifwav.gif

I'd be game for that:D

pnhmrk why the frown 11 years is great.ahhh.gif

It is good - until it's compared to your 31.

ok but I hold the copyright lol

call it

robs transatlanic wave

Rob's Transatlantic Wave, sorted. I will pass it on to the Winter Crossers and cruisers later on.

We need to add it to the acronym list :

Acronym & Definition

RTW Read to Write

RTW Ready to Wear (clothing retail)

RTW Real-Time Workshop

RTW Release-To-Web

RTW Requirement to Withdraw

RTW Rettungswagen (German: Ambulance)

RTW Return to Ward (medical)

RTW Return to Warehouse

RTW Return To Work

RTW Right to Work