what to do in St. Lucia w/out going on a excursion

muffinpup

We are going on our first cruise in August. Our budget doesn't allow for excursions at every port. Are there any suggestions for what we can do in St. Lucia without paying for an excursion? We will be docked at Castries.

• 3 weeks later...

My hubby and I walked into the downtown area and came across a young man weaving baskets...he charged us $20 and did it right there so we took pictures as he progressed. His name is Tony and he was a delightful young man. Very polite and informative.

We have been enjoying watching it change colors as time elapses. It was bright green for some time and then it went nearly white and now it is finally starting to show faint signs of turning mahogany as they told us it would. We saw some like that in the stores and they are beautiful so looking forward to seeing ours turn all the way.

We also did not have tons of money so we would just talk to a taxi driver and see what they recommended...we mostly just wanted to go to the beach and always got a really cheap rate on our own, sharing a cab with others.

Enjoy!

Also be sure to try or pick up some of the local rum!!! I'm not a huge rum drinker but this stuff smelled and tasted like butterscotch to me!!! Right in dock terminal is a store selling it. A small bottle was only $3.

Archived