Galaxy Cabin On Continental Deck Question

wlbox

our cabin on the Galaxy is inside aft on the Continental Deck. I can change cabins to a midship inside same deck.. wondering if which area would be quieter due to the dining area being right above our stateroom, possiblily the kitchen.

any suggestions

Any cabin which is below another cabin on the upper deck would be quieter than being below a dining area, IMO. Plus, in an aft cabin that far down you have to concern yourself with the thrusters, which can be very noisy as a ship navigates in and out of ports . . .

If you have the chance to move midship - take it. Midship is also more stable than aft, if you're concerned about motion sickness.

Any cabin which is below another cabin on the upper deck would be quieter than being below a dining area, IMO. Plus, in an aft cabin that far down you have to concern yourself with the thrusters, which can be very noisy as a ship navigates in and out of ports . . .

If you have the chance to move midship - take it. Midship is also more stable than aft, if you're concerned about motion sickness.

I posted a ? asking for help choosing a cabin on this ship and one of the responses from a person who had a aft cabin on deck 8-panarama, i think-said that the noise and vibrations woke him up every am. And your deck is even lower than his. I would move if i were you. What sail date are u going on?

I can't remember which deck Continental deck is. We had an aft inside cabin on deck 4 which is the lowest deck. We were right under the piano bar, and could not get to sleep until after midnight each night.

Leigh

Archived