*Tea Anyone?*

Newbie here: happy0184.gif

I can't seem to find any thing on the tea that Carnival has on her ships. I was so happy to see that they do this. Is it only on certain ships? Do you have any experiences with Carnival Teas? When is it, etc.

More importantly, is it on the Liberty? :D

Hot or Cold ???

I drink the cold or Iced tea all day long and I find it to be not bad.

I'm not a Hot Tea person but I remember there being single service tea bags on hand for those who like hot tea you simply get hot water from the coffee dispensor on deck or the Lido dinning room...seems like it was Lipton bags hope this helps.

John

Newbie here:

I can't seem to find any thing on the tea that Carnival has on her ships. I was so happy to see that they do this. Is it only on certain ships? Do you have any experiences with Carnival Teas? When is it, etc.

More importantly, is it on the Liberty? :D

Is this in reference to the afternoon Tea. Each ship has it scheduled at different times and in different locations. You need to check the Capers to find the time and place. DW and I have been to two Teas and enjoyed them. An assortment of teas are offered and some pastries. I don't remember any sandwiches. I hope this helps.

Actually, my first tea (and only so far) was on the Liberty in May! I believe its served at 3:30 pm on Days at Sea ONLY.

They set up in the cigar bar. I know...gross right? But they treat it or something b/c I followed a friend that smoked in there every night and the smell was gone for tea. Weird.

The tables are set up with nice linens and fancy folded napkins. The seats in the cigar bar are leather or recliners. Very nice!

They bring around fancy wood boxes with selections of tea bags. They had a lot to choose from! They also brought around carts of fancy cakes and sandwiches. My friend and I dragged our husbands there and they were pleasantly surprised. They sure got excited over the choices of chocolate desserts....I believe they were both all over the chocolate donuts. LoL.

My only negative experience was when I asked if they bar was open. I was interested in ordering a diet coke for my friend b/c she didn't drink hot tea. The waitress was extremely snooty. Guess she thought I was planning to get drunk during high tea. :rolleyes:

I hope they do this on our Inspiration cruise week after next. My daughter (10) will thoroughly enjoy it!

Does anyone know if there is a dress code to follow if one wants to participate in the afternoon tea? I mean, I obviously wouldn't go in a swimsuit. But are shorts okay? Something casual? :)

Does anyone know if there is a dress code to follow if one wants to participate in the afternoon tea? I mean, I obviously wouldn't go in a swimsuit. But are shorts okay? Something casual? :)

No dress code.

Dan

On the Glory the dress was casual, my DD went in shorts and I had on capris. We were served finger sandwiches and cakes along with our choice of tea. The teas were the different flavored Lipton bags and presented in a wooden box by a waiter. During the tea the Chamber Trio performed: a piano,cello, and flute. It was very relaxing and enjoyable.

Beautiful pictures -- which ship was that?

Tea was served on sea days on all 3 cruises i've been on -- we didn't go on the Liberty; it was served in the Piano Bar on both the Fantasy & the Celebration. It is very nice & even DH enjoyed it. The donuts are tasty, as are the lemon tarts :D

I never miss 'tea time' on a cruise. It's usually around 3 or 3:30. The ones I've attended have been in the piano bar or another smaller lounge. A pianist or trio plays.

It isn't exactly 'high tea', but very, very nice, and a welcome change from the hoopla going on in other areas of the ship.

The tea I've had has never been Lipton, but a gourmet brand that I can't recall right now. I have been surprised that they've always had "Blue Eyes", which is my favorite gourmet tea.

I've never seen doughnuts served. The food has been very good, and has varied with each cruise. Usually something like scones, crumpets, lemon curd, tiny tea sandwiches, petit fours.

It is white-glove service, and I have felt a little strange wearing shorts to 'tea', but it seems to be the norm.

This is the set up for Tea Time which is held at 3pm on Sea Days

IMG_0098_800x533.jpg

The pastries that are served

IMG_0099_800x533.jpg

There all types of Teas to try

IMG_0102_800x533.jpg

Fred

Fred, are these pictures from the Valor?? If not then which ship?

Thanks so much for these and all the great pics you post.

Tea on Liberty was 3:30 in Alfred's on sea days when we sailed this past February. We love tea; very good sandwiches and pastries (we're partial to the smoked salmon, shown in Fred's picture) and the music has always been very good.

Archived