Best Snorkeling: St. Kitts or St. Lucia?

redsoxgrlt

St. Marteen is also on the itinerary, but I read a few posts saying that the snorkeling is no good there, so I'm not considering that port. We are sailing in Jan. 08 and are looking for the best place to snorkel! (This will be my first snorkel.)

I would appreciate your opinions!

I haven't been to St. Kitts, but St. Lucia is great. We've snorkeled twice on St. Lucia at Anse Chastanet. There is a dive shop right there and the resort has a bar/restaurant on the beach that you can use for the day. It is a black sand beach. Have a great cruise!

Hey Redsoxgrlt, remember the Triumph roll call for March 4, 2006, well , looks like we have the same itinerary in mind , except we are going on Feb. 27th 2008.

Let me know after your cruise , how you liked everything including the snorkling, we have heard that it is actually good snorkling in St. Kitts as well, and that is our plan for St . kitts, to do the Carnival catamaran tour.

We have planned to do the Cosol tour in St. Lucia, which has a great snorkling spot. According to the reviews.

What do you plan on doing in St. Martin?

Catch you later, Ev.

redsoxgrlt,

You can get off the ship in Castries and find a boat or taxi that will take you down to Anse Chastenat. It's cheaper and you can stay as long as you like. It was not crowded either time that we snorkeled there. Just thought I'd pass that info along.

Thanks to everyone for your input! The Anse sounds like the best place so we are going to taake your advice and try there!

Hi EV! Yep, I'm making the rounds, had to try Southern Caribbean! Haven't been on a cruise since the last roll call so figured I was due. As much as I love the Triumph, I decided to check out the Miracle this time. DH and I actually decided to try snorkeling in both St. Kitts and St. Lucia, just so we don't miss out on anything. We are going to book the party boat/ snorkeling excursion in St. Lucia, (all through Carnival), and St. Kitts we are going to do the kayak one, which also includes some snorkeling. St. Marteen we decided to take an island tour, to go check out the French side of the island. I hear the snorkeling is not that hot so we will stick to land here, and do some sightseeing/shopping. Should be a good time! I will definitely fill you in on my return!

• 1 month later...
Hey Redsoxgrlt, remember the Triumph roll call for March 4, 2006, well , looks like we have the same itinerary in mind , except we are going on Feb. 27th 2008.

Let me know after your cruise , how you liked everything including the snorkling, we have heard that it is actually good snorkling in St. Kitts as well, and that is our plan for St . kitts, to do the Carnival catamaran tour.

We have planned to do the Cosol tour in St. Lucia, which has a great snorkling spot. According to the reviews.

What do you plan on doing in St. Martin?

Catch you later, Ev.

Ev, didn't cruise yet, obviously, but just spoke to someone who just got back and the Cosol tour comes highly recommended! They had a blast on this tour. just wanted to relay the info. Will update you again after I cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ev, just wanted to update you, they aren't offering the snorkeling excursion for St. Lucia (or, they haven't posted it yet but all of the others are there) so we decided to do the nature kayaking in St. Kitts (which includes some snorkeling) and the Cosol tour in St. Lucia. I will let you know how they were!

Tanya

Can someone tell me more about the Cosol tour in St. Lucia? We have a year to choose our excursions, but it's never too early to start looking! We'll be going on the Carnival Miracle in Oct. '08.

Just go to the St Lucia Ports Of Call board. There's a ton of postings about Cosol.

• 11 months later...

Go by boat do not take cab ...The roads in St Lucia are VERY treacherous .We learned the hard way .Took a cab to Anse something inthe middle of nowhere -REALLY scary ride .Snorkeling was MEDIOCRE AT BEST .

50$ for cab 1 way paid 50$ for boat to take us back .

I did not want to risk those roads again .I was EXTREMELY nervous TRaveling with 2 teenagers

St Lucia was a ROYAL RIPOFF for a real poor country ..went to another beachI THINK jalousie on another cruise -WAVES were ENORMOUS

i DID NOT GO IN

Was not impressed with ST Lucia .WE will be going back I'm wondering what we will do ...excursions ARE Very EXPENSIVE

i WOULD LOVE A CALM BEACH

be careful in st lucia

• 2 weeks later...

Archived