Digital photo frames for cruise piccies!

LibraLass41

I love digital photography and have some great shots from my last 2 cruises to the Med and Canaries, I fancy one of those digital photo frames,

Q. Has anyone got one of those digital photo frames which are in the shops now? How do they work please in 'blonde' simple terms :-P

How do you transfer your fav photos to the frame, are they run by battery or electric, how many photos will it hold and i presume there is a timer inside so the photo changes every so often?

Fancy one for my birthday but don't know much about them:confused:

Ta

Sue

My son has just been to Florida and has brought me one of these as a gift. I have only had it a few days and this particular model made by Impecca is not available in the UK at the moment but presume they all work the same. It works directly from an SD card and there is also a USB port. Playback starts automatically when either of these are inserted. You can set a slide show and you can set the time from 5 seconds to 24 hours duration. You can also add music to your slide show, though I haven't got that far yet. It works from mains and battery. There lies my problem. The battery pack is an optional extra with this particular model and my son didn't think to by one. My other son is off to Florida in October so I shall have to ask him to get one for me. I would like to get the battery as I think the picture frame will be useful for taking out to show off my next cruise photos to our friends. Hope this helps.

• 5 weeks later...

We bought one of these for my father in law last weekend. I have been looking at them for a while and in the end we bought the Kodak SV811 from a kodak shop for £100. The picture quality is excellent, also it is safe to be left on, apparently earlier, cheaper models can get warm, after 12 hours this one was still cool. It has an inbuilt memory of 128MB so by attaching you camera or computer directly to the frame you can upload your photos (it resizes them to fit for you) It also takes about 5 different memory sticks, so for example we can take the XD card from our fuji plug it into the frame and it will start to display the photos.

Trying to remember other features, it as a built in timer, i.e. to come on 8am every morning and turn off at 11pm. you can also select how long you want each photo to be dislayed. It is mains powered. In fairness this is the only digital frame I have used, but I was impressed with it, have added one to my christmas wish list.

Archived