Booking your next cruise....

Hi. I got great answers to my last question and hope you can help with this one...

I know to book my next cruise while on my cruise to get the on-board credit and then transfer the booking to my TA to get the better pricing. But I'm not going on my next cruise until October of 2005, and my cruise is going to be available to book the end of this year and no later than January of the coming year... I want a specific GS Cabin, there is only one that is in the aft on the Splendour. So how do I get around this?? Can I book and then re-book it on the cruise in October?? :confused:

Thanks for any help at all, it's very much appreciated.

I just love the people on this board :)

momtobradley, I understand what you mean.....for example, your next booked cruise is in October 2005....you want to book another cruise say for July 2006 but you would like to book while on board the Oct 2005 cruise to get the onboard credit but all of the high end cabins would be booked by then for the July 06 cruise....is this correct? I wish I knew the answer....here's hoping that someone replies to you soon because I've been curious about this same thing. :confused:

Thanks for the reply, and yes you understood me. I also hope someone replies and knows the answer, even if it's, you can't do it, lol :(

So if there is anyone out there who is "Cruise Booking Savvy" :D Please reply to this post :)

Thanks!

Can't really see how it is possible to do what you are trying to do as if there is only 1 stateroom that you want and you book it before going on the Oct. 05 cruise, you really can't cancel it because that just can't be done while onboard the ship. Now if you booked the particuliar stateroom before the Oct. 05 cruise it would be possible to call your TA while onboard the ship and have them cancel the booking right then so the cabin would be released but you would have to be with a cruise consultant that can grab that stateroom right back as soon as it is released ! Just seems like alot of hassle to me for the onboard credit though.

Also, when you transfer any RCI or Celebrity booking to your TA (effective August 16, 2004) they WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LOWER THE CRUISE FARE PER NEW RCI POLICIES, as they have in the past. Now, if a promotion comes along, and is applicable to your booked sailing, after the deposits are made and transfer has been done to your TA, that is a different story as far as lowering the fares.

Just my two cents.....Safe Travels

Why don't you book the cabin you want when the booking open up. Then pay the minimum deposit. When on your Oct 2005 cruise, go to the loyalty ambassador and have him cancel the first booking and rebook you in the same cabin.

Archived