Trouble Booking Excursions on RCCL Website

Has anyone had success at booking excursions for their Fall itineraries? My wife and I will be on the Vision OTS in October and I've been trying to book excursions for the past few months, to no avail. With 12 weeks to go, I'd like to do it before the good ones fill up.

I've called the RCCL support line, and they haven't been very helpful. "Try again in a week" was the best response I got :confused: .

Thanks!

I assume you are getting the message that the excursions are not available for your sailing yet? If yes, then don't worry no one can book so they won't fill up. This is the time they renegotiate the contracts with the tour companies. We ran into the same thing last year. Keep checking everyday and they should be available soon.

I had no trouble booking some yesterday for EOS 10/26. You do have to be careful when you call them that you don't let them pull up your information first because it locks the record for a while. I thought when I tried it Saturday night that the reason why I couldn't book a friend of ours with us on one was because it wasn't "time" but then I realized later that the record was locked and "unavailable".

Are you first logging in on the RCCL website and then after selecting your reservation clicking "view" towards the bottom of the page? There seems to be many ways of getting to it and all of them may not work.

When you get your cruise documents, it states you won't be able to book excursions until 10 days before your cruise. Often, they open up before then, but you might not necessarily be able to do it. Usually,nothing is available until after final payment date so that they don't mess with a bunch of cancellations and rescheduling on their excursions as well as their cabins. I would just keep trying!

When you get your cruise documents, it states you won't be able to book excursions until 10 days before your cruise. Often, they open up before then, but you might not necessarily be able to do it. Usually,nothing is available until after final payment date so that they don't mess with a bunch of cancellations and rescheduling on their excursions as well as their cabins. I would just keep trying!

I think you may have mis-read the docs. Here is a cut and paste from RCCL:

Excursions can be reserved online up to 10 days before your sail date. If you're sailing in less than 10 days, you will need to make your reservations onboard or during your Alaska Cruisetour.

Seems to indicate you MUST book online PRIOR to ten days out. We have already booked our Freedom OTS excursions for this December on the RCCL webiste.

Archived