Matt Baker

Hot4acruise

When I first saw him I thought he was the biggest dork I've ever seen. It didn't take long before I started to think he was pretty funny, then downright hilarious. He should be hosting the tonight show or something. Does anyone know his background? He must have been a stand-up comedian?

When I first saw him I thought he was the biggest dork I've ever seen. It didn't take long before I started to think he was pretty funny, then downright hilarious. He should be hosting the tonight show or something. Does anyone know his background? He must have been a stand-up comedian?

I know he is a talented harmonica player. He used to work for Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. His brother still does.

matt was with rccl along with his brother for a while, then wanted a change and went west into acting field. But came back last year with ncl on the dawn, rccl had to be nut not taking him back ncl big gain. Matt is on the dawn at the present time, uknown how long

matt was with rccl along with his brother for a while, then wanted a change and went west into acting field. But came back last year with ncl on the dawn, rccl had to be nut not taking him back ncl big gain. Matt is on the dawn at the present time, uknown how long

Quite possible his brother may end up with NCL eventually also.

We had the pleasure of having Matt on his 1st Dawn cruise in 2006. At that time I said he would be one of the best on NCL. We have had Paul Baya (very good), Colin Kerr (excellent), Matt Baker (very good), Rickie Mathews 2x (plenty of energy), Linda Minnekin (boring), Jimmy Kovell 2x(very good).

Jimmy Kovell will be coming back from vacation to the Dawn.

It will be fun to see who gets the new Gem.

Wiki Wiki Wah!

Happy Cruising,

Monty

I agree that Matt is excellent. I haven't been on a too many cruises yet compared with some of you, but no one I have seen has done a better job of getting everyone happy and energetically participating. He made me, a died in the wool wallflower, want to dance the night away! Loved him. Wicky wicky wah!!!

entertaining yes...but not very helpful ot worried about guest relations

unlike Jimmy and Paul. I dont rate him at all as a CD

We noticed that too, but thought it was just because it was his first cruise on the Dawn in 2006. Paul Baya and Jimmy Kovell were both approachable and would stop and talks to us. Jimmy even bought us lunch at the sushi bar one aftetnoon. He also gave us a tour of the Dawn's bridge. Great guest relations!

Happy Cruising,

Monty

I hope he makes it =o)

I didn't run into him on the ship so I can't speak for his guest relations, but with 2000 people on board I can imagine it would be hard to spend much time socializing.:)

I agree. As long as he made us laugh which he did, who cares about his PR. He runs around like a nut going to all these functions! Hot4acruise we missed you guys on the ship!

CNB82, yeah, it's too bad, we would have enjoyed meeting yall. Things were more hectic than I remember them being anyway. We brought the kids and they ran us ragged :)

I know. The time flew by didn't it? We will probably be taking the Dawn next year for the three days in Bermuda, can't wait!

Archived