Formal Wear???

I will doing a 4 day/3 night cruise on Sovereign the end of the month. I read that on RCL cruises, there is at least one formal night. I'm not into formal too much; I prefer casual so what is considered "formal wear"? Will a cocktail dress or a dressy pantsuit be sufficient?

Thanks

I will doing a 4 day/3 night cruise on Sovereign the end of the month. I read that on RCL cruises, there is at least one formal night. I'm not into formal too much; I prefer casual so what is considered "formal wear"? Will a cocktail dress or a dressy pantsuit be sufficient?

Thanks

Yes, they will be fine. I even wear very dressy wide leg formal pants with a very formal top.

Just got back from the Sovereign last Friday (4 nighter). We've sailed her quite a few times. Formal night was night #2 after leaving CocoCay. We had first seating and I would estimate that about 50% of the men were wearing either suits or sport coats and the balance were just in slacks and golf shirts. Sovereign especially this time of year caters to lot's of younger families with children who are on relaxed vacations so it's not as big a deal on formal nights as some of the larger ships with longer cruises. Bottom line, if you're not in shorts, tank tops or tee shirts, you will fit right inwhatever you wear.

Happy cruising and enjoy the Sovereign.......:)

Tanker 4

Thanks for the info. I cruised on NCL last year (Hawaii) and that ship had "freestyle" cruising. They had a formal night but it wasn't overly formal....some people were dressed to the nines, some were smart casual.

Archived