when to arrive for CB embarktion

tannerxyz

Sailing Sunday on the CB. My 81 year-old MIL is coming

with us. What time should we arrive at the port so

she doesn't have to stand in the hot sun?

Also, if you take a taxi to the port, do you carry your

luggage with you or is taken right away?

Thanks!

Mary

Thanks!

Mary

We arrived at 10:30 and stood behind 100 people, in the shade. They take your luggage right there. :)

I would strongly recommend coming later so you can walk right in. From my experience, they start letting you board ~ 12:00 – 12:30 so the lines build. If you do go early, you might get to wait inside terminal 2 but once the doors open – the mob starts. Around 1:30 on should be safe.

As far as your bags, make sure your Princess tags are on them and the cab driver will know what to do. Make sure you tip the baggage guy a dollar a bag of you might not see all your bags again..

Lou

Thanks for your suggestions. We will either get there

at 10:30 or around 2 PM. I'm not sure if my MIL

will like the wheelchair idea, she is very independent!

I'll make sure we tip the luggage handler- I want

all my luggage!

Mary

For the July 15 cruise we arrived at 10:30. Our van driver from the hotel pulled up to where they were taking the luggage. They took our 3 bags - I didn't even touch them. ($5 tip). Went right inside - they had coffee and water. We were in our cabin by 12:10. Don:cool:

Thanks!

Mary

We arrived around 10:30 and NOW they have a waiting area inside,(air conditioned...sweet) so no hot sun to stand in. They hand out group numbers, we were #2 and on the ship at 12:15. Enjoy your cruise.:)

We were just on the CB 7/22-7/29 sailing. We got to the port about 11 a.m., they were letting people into the air-conditioned waiting area, handing out numbers for boarding. When the room started to fill up, they stopped letting people in through the door we had used, and lined people up outside to come through a different set of doors. Those people didn't get to come inside until all of us in the room had boarded, which was about 12:15 or so. Things went quickly from there and we were onboard in our cabins within 15 minutes (luggage arrived around 3:30 p.m.). So if you get there at 10:30 a.m., you should be the first group in the airconditioned room and have seats. Otherwise, you'll be standing outside in the heat in a line for possibly an hour. Your MIL might consider the wheelchair as there's a bit of walking involved--all of you will be able to board with her ahead of most other people (at least that's been the case when I've travelled with my elderly mother, she uses the wheelchair to get up to the ship, then walks around onboard with her cane). Good luck!

We sailed on the CB back in January. Got there about 11:45. The line was a little long, but moved right on through. Took us maybe 25-30 minutes and went right to our cabin to drop our carry-ons.

Piece of cake. Great Ship!

Archived