H2O park - with toddler

KB1976

To those of you who have used the small inflatable baby pools:

1. Where do you use them? Public deck or private balcony?

2. How do you fill them?

You can find a nice spot on the pool decks. No matter the ship, there is usually space somewhere.

All it takes is a couple of buckets from the ship pool to fill up the inflatable. Then find a shower drain, pool drain or janitor's closet (with sink) to empty the pool. Ask a crew member for the closest drain. :)

To those of you who have used the small inflatable baby pools:

1. Where do you use them? Public deck or private balcony?

2. How do you fill them?

We use ours on the public deck - got a spot by the showers and used it to fill it up and then empty it out again.

• 7 months later...

I'm sorry if my question is a duplicate post, somehow I've found this entry twice, with and without pictures. Anyway, I'm going to ask this question on both posts, so please forgive me if I duplicate this:

Can anyone tell me - I can see the pics of the small area of splash zone for diapered babies, but I'm confused about all the figurines standing throughout the area. Are the diapered babies allowed in that area too, or just the tiny pool area next to the 5-6 ft. depth pool? Does that even make sense? I'm having a hard time asking my question, I guess I just can't figure out what area is only for my 20 mo. old and what areas my 5 & 6 yr olds can go in. I read in another post what looked like someone said they walked around with their baby and let him/her touch the figurines, but only allowed the baby to get down in the tiny baby area next to the 6 ft. depth area. But then a poster directed me to a post that showed her little girl playing in an area that water was squirting up from the ground, and a big mushroom like thing squirting water out as well.

It may not seem like a big deal, but I've found that my 3rd child, a boy, is completely different from his 2 older sisters, he goes insane if he cannot participate in EVERYTHING EXACTLY the same way as everybody else. Its very frustrating, you can't do anything for him, he thinks he is 20 yrs old, not 20 months old! So, before I book a cruise, I don't want to get into a situation that he is banned from almost everything but one tiny little area as we won't even be able to go in that area if so. Its difficult to reason with a toddler! If he sees his sisters running around other areas and he is not allowed there, my life will be very un-fun at that time! I'm not talking about regular pools or large slides etc., he doesn't seem too interested in that. And I certainly have no problem telling my children what is appropriate and what is not, we are actually quite strict, so that isn't the problem with me being able to parent my child. I just hate to have him cry and feel left out b/c he thinks he is much older than he is.

I'm talking about the areas that are made to look very appealing for small children with the figurines etc, will be difficult to tell him he can't go there.

Does my question even make sense?

TIA in advance for reading my jumbled mess!

Archived