Conquest Review 7-22-07 (with teens!)

pink daisy

I am going to try to attach the clipboard of fun. It is 6 pages long and keep in mind that it is info I wrote down before I cruised. The comments listed are not from me but are quotes from this message board (except for the budget...that is all me). For example, the first thing listed is in Jamaica "best meal of the trip...jerk chicken"...I don't actually agree with that.

This is probably not the best way to get the pages to you but since I had my hard drive crash on my main computer yesterday I am having to work on a computer I am not so familiar with and am not sure of another way to get these pages to you. The first 5 are with this post (they only let you do 5 at a time) and I will post the last page on the next post! Let me know if you have any questions about any of it!

Wendy

p1.jpg.8a34a79c6062aa0c848a7440adedff49.jpg

p2.jpg.b2858b58d3bc1238aaec89b89dd87ff9.jpg

p3.jpg.673b9f262bc0505060ba028486fca9a9.jpg

p4.jpg.cade99f30be9b3981ca6ed7f8d3577ca.jpg

p5.jpg.c83c9a9ddca58e7a488655ab14902df8.jpg

Yes it is a Microsoft Word document and I would love to just send it right to you. However, my hard drive on my other computer crashed today (just what I wanted to deal with when coming home from my cruise!) so I don't have it in that form any longer! But I will scan it tomorrow when I am scanning my pictures and email it to you then. K?

Wendy :)

Great review. We are taking our first cruise the fall and info like this is totally invaluable to me. I would really appreciate this information as well if you don't mind. please send to ucstars5885@yahoo.com. Thank you so much ahead of time. Hope we have as good a time as you all did. Thanks for sharing with us.

:o

Hi,

Your review was great, my DH and I will be on the Conquest in February. My only question is was your room quiet? We will be 9246 and after having a bad experience on our last cruise, I'm just checking in case we need to change. Any infor on the room will be appreciated. Thanks

Linda

Selena - Salhal:

Send me your email and I will email you the clipboard of fun. I posted it but it was too small and cruise critic would not let me download a larger file (I am probably doing something wrong!)...but when I email it I can email the right size file so that you can see it!

Hi Linda!

Our room was, in my opinion, in the perfect place! We were very close to the elevators (but could never hear them opening or people coming off of them) and on the same floor as the pool and buffet (very convenient!). I am a VERY light sleeper so I did hear people coming in late at night on a few occasions but I think you would have that on any floor. As far as being able to hear engine noise or noise from things located on floors above or below our room - nothing. If you have cruised before you know that the rooms are not the size of a hotel room - much smaller. But you don't spend a whole lot of time in there anyway. We were very please with our room and our room steward - Pedro- who you may have! Enjoy your balcony. Any other questions?

Thank you for the great information. An occasional passer by in the hallway I can handle. It's the carts on the Lido deck over my head all night long that I just couldn't handle. This room sounds like it will be perfect, and close to the ice cream!!!!!! Thank you so much.

I just thought of something I forgot to mention in my review. When on the Conquest remember that decks 5 and 9 go all the way from the front to the back of the ship. The rest of the decks don't and if you don't remember this you will waste time. I remember reading this fact when reading the boards but didn't really pay much attention to it. Then, after getting lost several times I said, "Let's stop, look at the map, and figure out which decks go all the way through!":D

WOW, what an awesome review. We leave for our second cruise on the Conquest this Sunday. Love it. We did not get to go to Jamaica last year due to Hurricane Ernesto so looking forward to seeing it. I concur about a couple things you mentioned. First, we hit every booth on picture night and take multiple pictures. It's lots of fun and it nice to see them when thier done. Just a hard choice on which ones to purchase. Second, we also tip our room steward daily. We give a dollar a day per person and leave it on our pillows in the morning. We love the sun pool in the back of the ship and skip most shows since they seem to be all alike on the cruises. We don't ever eat in the dining rooms so can't comment on that. We book our hotel room as soon as we book our cruise. Purchase parking at EZ Cruise and buy fun bucks and drink tickets during our wait for our cruise date. Hit the terminal about 10:30 am and on the boat usually by noon. There are 15 of us going this time and only half our veteren cruisers. Looking forward to it. Only 4 more days.

Hi Wendy,

I just returned from dinner with Brittany and she said she remembered your husband's act well. She said it was hilarious! She also said thanks for remembering her and Danielle and for the nice comments.

By the way, I meant to tell you, Brittany did win the ship on a stick for the Name That Tune Contest! She made a total of 32 of the 40 points. There was a man that got 31, so it was close!

I read your comments about the room location and I totally agree. I told my DH that if I can get on that deck again, I am going to be there. I was worried before the cruise that it would be loud, but it was not at all and I loved the proximity to everything. And, Pedro, can't be beat!

Enjoy your evening.

Laura

Laura,

We were just saying the same thing about booking the exact same room! Maybe we'll be on the same ship next door to each other again! This time we will share our music! haha! But if you bring Brittany tell her that she will have some competition from my husband with the Name that Tune contest! haha!

Hurricane Ernesto last year didn't affect us much. We just went backwards on our cruise and missed Jamaica. We had day at sea, Cozumel, Progresso, Cayman Islands and 2 days at sea back. Really likes the 2 days back. I had been to Progresso before and it's nice there. Now Hurricane Katrina was a different story. It did not mess with our itenerary but was real rough going out to sea. We left Galveston the day before it hit New Orleans. Got out to sea about an hour. Turned around and went back to Galveston to meet Coast Guard to remove sick crew member and headed back out again and about 3 hours behind schedule. We were going really fast to catch up on time and try and go around Katrina. The shipped rocked really bad the first 24 hours and there were many people ill(sea sick).Luckily I was ok but my sister was sick and missed the first day completely. It was an experience I won't soon forget.

Archived