Conquest Review 7-22-07 (with teens!)

pink daisy

WOw! Great review. I am sailing on Legend in October with my kids for the first time, and they will be 11 and 13 at the time. They will have a room across the hall from us, so I am very happy to see that they gave you spare keys to your daughter's room.

How did you feel having them across the hall? Did you feel secure and safe with it? How did you communicate with them? Walkie Talkies, post its?

How did the girls like Camp Carnival?

We really did feel completely comfortable having them across the hall! In fact, we really felt comfortable, after the first day, letting the roam the ship. It really seems safe...you kind of get to know the faces you see and I did not see any "weirdos". At first we were going to use 2 way radios but the ones we brought had too much interference (we could hear other peoples conversations). So, we gave up on that and just had meeting times every couple of hours. We checked out the Camp Carnival Capers (they give you one that has all of the activities for the entire week) each morning and then decided what the meeting times were. They always had dinner with us, went on the excursions off the ship with us and went to the teen dance from 9-10 every night and loved it! If you have an 11 & 13 year old I would just say the 11 year old is 12 so they can be in the same group...it doesn't really matter that much and they don't ask for ID or anything...you just fill out a sheet when you go to the Camp Carnival orientation. Our girls liked some of the activities but did not do everything (they had teddy bear making and stuff like that that they seemed a little old for...but maybe not! Some kids that age love that kind of stuff!). I think they really just loved having some freedom and feeling like "big kids" since they had their own room and got to walk around unsupervised (they are both very responsible so we did not really worry). Of course we did have numberous pre-cruise talks about "you never ever go to someones room", "you never ever let someone come in to your room", "you never take a drink someone has given you", etc...the regular mommy-nags! haha!

I have been working on my video all day today and will probably complete it on Wednesday or Thursday and have it posted on my website (www.pinkdaisyp.com) by next week. It has made me miss the ship so much! I hope all of you have a blast like we did!

Next cruise will be without kids! ;) haha!

Wendy :)

I have been working on my video all day today and will probably complete it on Wednesday or Thursday and have it posted on my website (www.pinkdaisyp.com) by next week. It has made me miss the ship so much! I hope all of you have a blast like we did!

Next cruise will be without kids! ;) haha!

Wendy :)

• 5 months later...
Hi Just enjoyed your video and had to have DH watch it too. This may be a strange request but do you still have what your plans were during that trip or an itinerary. We are scheduled to go in June, same places. A little concerned about Jamaica as we have been a year ago to an all inclusive in Jamaica and expereinced the high pressure sales pitched or rather begging we were without the kiddos and decided to do a cruise this year with our 12 and 13 year old.

Archived