first timers to alaska

well maybe we are in over our heads but were gonna go for it....My fiance and I are booked on a 14 day cruise tour to alaska in september of 2008 for our honeymoon on holland america's volendam . This will be our very first cruise ever and we cold not be more excited to be going. We have started the gigantic task of trying to figure out what to do in which ports and also what to do while were on land. If anyone has any tips on what to do as far as excursions or absolute must sees we would love to hear from you.

As far as where we will be on land our itinerary includes:

2 nights in fairbanks

2 nights in denali national park

1 night each in seward, anchorage, and 1 day in kenai fjords national park before we get on our cruise.

While we are at sea we will have 3 port days which include juneau, ketchikan, and haines/skagway.

I have heard that the best thing to do in juneau is the whale watching with marv and harv but we are definitely open to everything...

Would like to thank everyone in advance for all there help we really appreciate it

The Alaska board would be the best place to pose your questions. There are several experts over there and they are more than willing to help steer you in the right direction. We will be cruising to Alaska in September, and that's where I've gotten invaluable info, especially regarding independent excursions.

Archived