Balcony locations on DAWN

cabin4one

Hi all -- I'm not as familiar with the NCL ship layouts as I am with RCL, so I have a question. I am looking to book a balcony cabin on the Norwegian Dawn. Are there specific balcony locations that are better than others? I am concerned about not wanting to be stuck under an overhang or otherwise feeling like I am in a "cave" because of the floor above me.

I can't seem to find either photos of the Dawn that would let me judge location, nor a web link with these kinds of hints.

(Note also I'm looking at balcony cabins, not suites.)

Any pointers? Thanks in advance!

Not all of NCL's ships have balconies. The balconies are of the same size except for suites forward and aft. However, one ship the Pride of America does have differently sized balconies both starboard and port. The six ships of the Star class have enclosed balcones forward both starboard and port.

Many folks have said they prefer the aft balconies (I think they're larger balconies) but I haven't sailed the Dawn yet.

I have a BA reserved for the fall repo on that ship though and if your trip is later I may be able to give you some information then since you ask specifically about the Dawn.

I'm more concerned with what's above and below me so I got a cabin on deck 10 which only has other cabins above and below.

Hi all -- I'm not as familiar with the NCL ship layouts as I am with RCL, so I have a question. I am looking to book a balcony cabin on the Norwegian Dawn. Are there specific balcony locations that are better than others? I am concerned about not wanting to be stuck under an overhang or otherwise feeling like I am in a "cave" because of the floor above me.

I can't seem to find either photos of the Dawn that would let me judge location, nor a web link with these kinds of hints.

(Note also I'm looking at balcony cabins, not suites.)

Any pointers? Thanks in advance!

Cabin4one,

Try this link, it will show you the decks on the Dawn. We have sailed her twice both in a balcony, deck 9 & 10. The deck above you will give you cover but doesn't make you feel like you are in a cave. Hope this helps...

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/deckplan.html?shipCode=DAWN

Neverthought:)

Hi,

We just returned from the 7/21 sailing of the Dawn and had room 10230, an aft cabin. The balconies are by far much larger than the balcony rooms on either starboard or port. Our balcony easily had a full lounge chair as well as a 'regular' chair. The ones on either side can barely accomodate just the regular sitting chair. Much more space on the aft cabins! We absolutely loved the aft balcony as we could hear the sounds of the water and when we wanted quiet, we had it, without any idea that there were 3000 people 'in front' of us.

If you have any further questions, ask away! :)

Cabin4one –

We cruised in cabin 9738 last summer with our granddaughter. Aft cabins are the only way to go, look at our signature.

I have also attached a close-up of Dawn’s stern with DW and DGD holding a yellow scarf for better visibility.

754423717_AftBalcony-1s.jpg.9d464c67a771c672fbceca250fef8da4.jpg

Archived