Motion Sickness Pill help

hearts12

Sure, they have mezcaline (sp), but why not take your own? You should try a few out before leaving for your cruise to see if you have any side effects... I can't take mezcaline (makes me SLEEEEEPY, even the non drowsy bonine), so I take my own pills (ginger) with me. But yes, if you don't want to take your own, they have them available... just the one kind. They also sell the little wrist bands...

Ginger works great. I've mentioned this previously in response to similar questions. I've seen literally hundreds of USAF student pilots use ginger to preclude motion sickness. If they work pulling six Gs and rolling around the sky I'm sure they'll work on a ship!

I agree with Lucy. For a couple of bucks for the generic/store brand, I bring my own and take the first one an hour before I board the ship. I then take one each morning of the cruise. I have found it makes the sea legs disappear faster when I return home.

People will tell you that they work better if you take it before you need it. Once you are seasick, it won't help you.:p

I always take Dramamine. You can find it at Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, anywhere. It works great for me!

I've never heard of taking Ginger. Is it just a ginger pill, like a vitamin pill you find in the vitamin section?

Ginger has been taking for MANY years by sailors, marines, navy, air force, etc... even pregnant women. It's great. They did a test on it on Mythbusters and it came in ahead of any of the over the counter solutions. I get mine at GNC, and have used them on every cruise. They don't make you sleepy, drugged feeling, etc. If you take any blood thinners, you probably shouldn't take it (ask your doctor), but otherwise, it's ginger, and no problems for me... works like a charm!!! And cheap!

I had Air Force students who were on the verge of washing out due to air sickness. I got them eating ginger or taking ginger supplements and at least 80 percent of them were 'cured' of their problem.

I've never had need for it but I've seen it work time and time again.

Sure, they have mezcaline (sp), but why not take your own?

I think you mean Meclizine, which is the generic drug in brands like Bonine.

Oh man, if they actually gave out Mescaline ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mescaline ) on the cruise, that would be interesting! I haven't taken that since the 70's.

Now that's a story for a different post!

I think you mean Meclizine, which is the generic drug in brands like Bonine.

Oh man, if they actually gave out Mescaline ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mescaline ) on the cruise, that would be interesting! I haven't taken that since the 70's.

Now that's a story for a different post!

Yup, hopefully they knew what I was talking about, LOL!! I knew it was one or the other :p

My wife and daughter both used the patch one cruise. By the end of the 7 days both had blurred vision. Once we got home it took about another 5 days before the blurred vision stopped. Check out the potential side effects of each type of medicine or supplement you might take.

I had Air Force students who were on the verge of washing out due to air sickness. I got them eating ginger or taking ginger supplements and at least 80 percent of them were 'cured' of their problem.

What a bunch of pansies LOL.

What a bunch of pansies LOL.

These kids started out with little to no experience flying, even as passengers. They scored high enough on the AFOQTs to be able to attempt pilot training. Some get sick, some get over it, some don't.

I can't tell you how many times we flew civilians on 'fam' (familiarization) rides. Most were pilots, very few failed to get ill.

Pansies? Nope, I doubt it.

Wanna go for a ride????

;)

Hi-

I suffer pretty badly from seasickness, but have not been sick on any of my last 3 cruises. I did a combo of ginger and bonine. I got the ginger in the vitamin section at Walmart. A big bottle was only $3.00. I started by taking a half of a bonine the night before the cruise. The morning of, I took another half along with a ginger capsule. Then every 12 hours, I took a half a bonine and another full ginger capsule. If I take a whole Bonine, it makes me very drowsy, and I found a half works just fine. At one point I did feel a little "weird" so I took an extra ginger and felt fine soon afterward. It really works!

Hi-

I suffer pretty badly from seasickness, but have not been sick on any of my last 3 cruises. I did a combo of ginger and bonine. I got the ginger in the vitamin section at Walmart. A big bottle was only $3.00. I started by taking a half of a bonine the night before the cruise. The morning of, I took another half along with a ginger capsule. Then every 12 hours, I took a half a bonine and another full ginger capsule. If I take a whole Bonine, it makes me very drowsy, and I found a half works just fine. At one point I did feel a little "weird" so I took an extra ginger and felt fine soon afterward. It really works!

Is bonnie 25 or 50 mgs. of meclzine, does anyone have a bottle that they can check the mgs.

Its 25mg!! My husband gets sick when he watches homemade movies.:D The camera is moving too much and he gets sick. So he tried Bonine before he watched a movie that my DS and friends made and he was fine no sickness at all. so when we went on our cruise he knew that he could take bonine and not worry about getting seasick!!!

Its 25mg!! My husband gets sick when he watches homemade movies.:D The camera is moving too much and he gets sick. So he tried Bonine before he watched a movie that my DS and friends made and he was fine no sickness at all. so when we went on our cruise he knew that he could take bonine and not worry about getting seasick!!!

Does it make him sleepy?

These kids started out with little to no experience flying, even as passengers. They scored high enough on the AFOQTs to be able to attempt pilot training. Some get sick, some get over it, some don't.

I can't tell you how many times we flew civilians on 'fam' (familiarization) rides. Most were pilots, very few failed to get ill.

Pansies? Nope, I doubt it.

Wanna go for a ride????

;)

To each his own LMAO.

Hey...I've got a couple hundred rides in a C130 flying NOE before jumping. I can "imagne" someone getting sick whilst taking a ride in a jet. But nothing beats a C130 in August (read no AC), in NC, totally unable to move during an hour long NOE flight while the person on one side has the sharts and the person on the other side conveniently pukes on your equipment.:rolleyes: Doesn't get much better than that...and no...I've never blown chucks in an aircraft :p

I get sick watching home movies too! I even get car sick if we are looking for houses...the slow movement of the car just kills me! I will definitely be taking something, but I was wondering if I would be able to drink if I am taking something. I want to actually remember the vacation, after all! I am not talking drink myself silly, but I do want to drink 2-3 glasses of wine a day (maybe more, maybe less)

To each his own LMAO.

Hey...I've got a couple hundred rides in a C130 flying NOE before jumping.

Ya' just gotta believe the guy driving the bus is up front jinkin' around (as much as a Herc and jink...) just to screw with you guys.

I never jumped out of a Herc but I have jumped out of a bunch of civilian stuff including one balloon...

:D

Ya' just gotta believe the guy driving the bus is up front jinkin' around (as much as a Herc and jink...) just to screw with you guys.

I never jumped out of a Herc but I have jumped out of a bunch of civilian stuff including one balloon...

:D

LOL...yeah...we knew that ;).

Too many 130s and 141s to count and one blackhawk. Never done a freefall before...I'm scared to death of heights LOL!

Archived