Vegan meals?

susieh

My sons and their girlfriends are cruising with us on the Aurora in September.

One of the girls is Vegan (I have contacted P&O and informed them). Does anyone have any experience of meals provided for a vegan passenger. Kaz is concerned she may need to take food with her as they may not be able to cater for her.

• 1 month later...
My sons and their girlfriends are cruising with us on the Aurora in September.

One of the girls is Vegan (I have contacted P&O and informed them). Does anyone have any experience of meals provided for a vegan passenger. Kaz is concerned she may need to take food with her as they may not be able to cater for her.

Hi Susieh,

I found this news item on a different site, hope it is of some help.

"P&O Cruises have expanded their on board service to cater for passengers with specific dietary needs. The diets catered for include: gluten free / wheat free, dairy free/Lactose intolerant, vegetarian/vegan, Kosher, low fat, diabetic and baby food.

All five ships in the fleet have a chef dedicated to the preparation of meals for special diets. This chef will be advised by the reservations team in advance of embarkation of all passengers with special diet needs to ensure that the required ingredients are available.

Once on board the headwaiter will contact these passengers to discuss and make sure these needs are met, according to the cruise line. This service should be excellent news to cruisers who are unable to enjoy their favourite foods due to the ingredients used.

P&O Cruises corporate chef Michael Monahan said: "At P&O Cruises we understand that people have special dietary requirements and we are in no doubt that these can be catered for on board all our ships."

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Archived