Zenith Cabins and Categories

meganwithanh

A guarantee cat 7 means that you are going to be in a cat 7 (more than likely) or better anywhere on the ship. Basically you just are not assigned a cabin until

near sailing time, about 3 to 4 weeks out. It's a good way to get a little cheaper price if you truly don't mind where your cabin in. If you have definite ideas as to where you 'must' be, then you should pay the extra and selevt a cabin you like.

Those fore cabins on the Europa are okay. You may hear the water against the side of the ship. Just depends exactly where you are.

Hello: As I have posted before the Zenith is our fav. ship in the entire fleet. The cabins in the forward part of the ships are o.k. avoid the lower levels aft( back of the ship) Also make sure you are not under the galley, They are very noisy all night long as the galley is always working. You will love this ship. Shades of the old glory ships of days goneby. Be sure to check out the dinning room (take a peak when its empty). Lots of teak and brass every where.

gracesgems

We were four cabins from the front of the ship last cruise on deck 8. We felt the up and down motion very much on the first few nights when it was a little rough. It was very noisy too. When the ship would slap down into the water it sounded like an explosion. It sounded like we were on a battlefield. It was not unbearable but I don't think I would book that far forward again. BTW, Zenith is a wonderful ship! The crew love her and stay on her if possible. It has a very homey feeling. Have a great cruise! Tell Sean (cruise director) and Mahelea (sp?-social hosess) that Patty and Ed say hello. And Cat 7 has obstructed view because of lifeboats. Some cabins are fine, tho. don't book deck 9 aft---noisy, noisy, noisy because of disco right underneath.

Looking at the Zenith deck plans, there are category 7 cabins in the three lowest passenger decks (Carribean, Europa and Florida), all forward. None are below the galley. I think they have portholes, but I'm not positive. I like the category 8 (obstructed view) on the Bahamas deck better myself. Better location and some of the views aren't very obstructed.

Looking at the Zenith deck plans, there are category 7 cabins in the three lowest passenger decks (Carribean, Europa and Florida), all forward. I think they have portholes, but I'm not positive.

We were in a Cat 7 cabin on the Caribbean deck (cabin 6002) the very first cabin at the front of the ship. The first 4 or 6 cabins have portholes, the rest have windows (thru 6008, my sister's cabin).

There was a lot of up and down motion, and yes, little explosions of the seas hitting the bow, especially during rough seas (which we had both coming and going) but I enjoyed it. Hubby did not.

I booked cabin 6008 for our Bermuda cruise in May, but after reading all this, I upgraded to a cat. 6 on the Florida deck---4077. Didn't want to take a chance on being seasick from the up and down motion.

Anne

Archived