Camp Carnival on port days

loviegirl26

I have a 2 small children and I was wondering if any one has left their kids at camp carnival during port days. My husband and I would like like to snorkel and the kids are too young for this type of excursion.

We do it all the time. Make sure the CC staff is aware of your excursions, and your schedule. The pagers don't work off the ship, so make sure you stick to your schedule, and have ship contact information in the event of emergency. It is probably best to take a ship's excursion, so in case of trouble they will know where you are.

I have a 2 small children and I was wondering if any one has left their kids at camp carnival during port days. My husband and I would like like to snorkel and the kids are too young for this type of excursion.

Get ready! I saw a thread about this topic once and it got heated! This is one of those topics where you will have your diehards on either side of the debate! I THINK I was on the side of leaving kids onboard for a little while would be ok, as long as you are in contact with the ship!

I don't have small children anymore as my 5 are pretty much grown (youngest is 16). However, I can understand the need and desire to get some time away. I would take repete's suggestion and do a ship sponsored excursion. It would certainly be easier to contact you if the need were to arise.

We were in Aruba from early morning until 11 pm. We went to Palm Beach in the morning and came back to the ship about 1 pm. Our 9 and 1/2 year old twins decided to stay in the kids club and we went shopping with our oldest. We were gone for 2 or 3 hours, came back picked up the twins and took the bus to eagle beach to watch the sunset and hopped the last bus back to the ship in time for late dinner. Everyone had a great day and since we had such a big window we were not worried about making it back. You have to make sure that you will make it back so the cruiseline excursion would definitely be the way to go if there was that question of missing the ship.

Karysa

I've learned that these types of questions are better posted on the Family Cruising board. Nobody will judge/yell at you over there. Here, people think it's a crime to even bring children on a cruise, and if you want to use Camp Carnival, then you're a horrible parent.

Having said all that, I think we're going to pay for the babysitting on one of our port days because we got a free snorkeling excursion, and like you said, the child is too young to participate. I'm going to see how I feel about it once we're on the ship.

Good luck with yours!

Archived