bathing suits?

Dihead

If you have a Nordstrom in your area, go to their sportswear dept. and look for the one piece swimsuit that says something like "makes you 10 pounds lighter, instantly". They really do tuck the middlesection, and they typically have great help in their swimsuit departments. And as the other poster mentioned, Lands End has incredible selection and custom suits.

I've been debating buying this one:

http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/products.asp?product_id=100694&dept_id=100057&parent_id=100000

But it's price tag is holding me back since right now our November cruise to the Panama Canal is uncertain. (We might be switching to Australia/New Zealand in March, so it's a good trade!) I don't want to spend that much on a suit I might not wear until March. (There's always the hope I will shrink by then. Heh.)

I do love swimsuitsforall.com though. Great selection.

Robin

That is definitely NOT a bad price for a good suit. I will say, though, that I saw a suit that exact same style at Macy's while I was suit shopping.

I'm short, and short waisted; not overweight or anything either, but I just can't do the tankini - they make me look dumpy. They just seem to "cut" me at the wrong spot. Someone mentioned "Miracle Suit". I have one of those, too. I LOVE it. I paid a lot for it, but it has held up really well; it looks brand new three years later. Of all my suits, it's my husband's favorite on me. They sell that brand at Macy's, too. And they make tankinis.

I'd skip a black suit if going anywhere like the Caribbean with the intense sun and the reflection off the sea. The last time I wore a black suit under these conditions, it felt like I was being cooked on a grill...also got a sunburn right through the swimsuit material. After that, I will only wear a black suit to an indoor pool.

That virtual model is really nice. I wish they had that on all sites. I bought my last bathing suit at Walmart for $26 since I usually don't do too much swimming ( I hate my thighs !) :rolleyes:

Sovereign of the Seas 07/2005

Freedom of the Seas 08/2007

I'd skip a black suit if going anywhere like the Caribbean with the intense sun and the reflection off the sea. The last time I wore a black suit under these conditions, it felt like I was being cooked on a grill...also got a sunburn right through the swimsuit material. After that, I will only wear a black suit to an indoor pool.

ohhhhhh... hm.. ok back to the drawing board!

What type of bathing suits are good for women with a little 'fluff' around the stomach area..

Is there maybe something that hangs looser in the midsection rather than accentuating a spare tire?

The one piece bathing suite with the skirt on is good.

Archived