Update re: What would you do?

Hi

Update:

The TA called me this morning. She contacted RCL and said that there is a problem. When I booked the cruise, I was told that I have less than 24 hrs to make a decision on insurance. I booked it at 4 pm. I apparently had until 10 am the next day (Was told by 4 pm). I called my TA around 10:05 am and gave her the ok to get the insurance. She called RCL and apparently I was 10 minutes late, but they made an exception and allowed me to get RCL insurance. She got the name of the person she dealt with. They billed the TA agency Visa card.

A month later, the TA told me that they received a commission check which included the amount of the RCL insurance. They didn't know why until now. The TA said it was RCL fault. She has documented every conversation she had with them. The TA's agency directior is involved and they contacted someone higher up at RCL.

What stinks is that I paid for this insurance. TA said they will pay whatever to get me insurance. If RCL doesn't follow through, then they will go through the insurance they offer. Which is alot higher in cost.

Thanks everyone for your help

Jennifer

The way I see it is that your TA has assured you that they will get you insurance coverage either through RC or the higher cost coverage they offer at no extra cost to you so the problem is in their court. Just make sure that the coverage if through the TA is what you require as to pre-existing conditions, etc.

The way I see it is that your TA has assured you that they will get you insurance coverage either through RC or the higher cost coverage they offer at no extra cost to you so the problem is in their court. Just make sure that the coverage if through the TA is what you require as to pre-existing conditions, etc.

If I have a cruise booked through a TA, do I have to purchase his insurance or can I get it through RCI? I was wondering if I might get a better policy and rate throught RCI.

Thanks

Hi

This insurance through the TA does not cover pre-existing conditions which stinks because I have pre-existing conditions.

Jennifer

The insurance we buy covers pre-existing conditions if we purchase within 14 days of booking our trip (giving deposit). We use Travel Guard - I'm sure other companies use the 14 day time period. Hope that helps.

Bev

There are 3 travel insurance policies, offered by 2 different companies, that provide a waiver of the pre-existing conditions exclusion if purchased within 24 hours of final payment instead of depost. They are:

• CSA's Freestyle Luxe
  • HTH Worldwide's Trip Protector
  • HTH Worldwide's Trip Protector Preferred

Not surprisingly, they tend to be more expensive that other policies. But they're not the most expensive, in my experience; others without the waiver can cost even more. They're worth it to us, because this way we're not buying insurance until we know we will need it (i.e., after final payment).

You can compare these and other policies at sites like insuremytrip.com.

Good luck.

Susan

Hi

This insurance through the TA does not cover pre-existing conditions which stinks because I have pre-existing conditions.

Jennifer

Ask your TA to look into ITravel I or you look into it directly. Pre-existing conditions are covered a long as you buy the insurance BEFORE you make final payment.

What I am surprised at is you say the TA's insurance is more expensive than RCCL. I can ALWAYS save our clients money booking insurance elsewhere than through the cruise line.

Hi

Final payment was done in June. I even paid for the insurance at that time. I was somewhat shocked that my TA insurance was $20-30 higher than RCL.

What makes me livid is that this TA agency blames RCL. The TA cashed the comminssion check even when she knew it seemed a bit off. It was off because the money for the insurance was added into it. She didn't put two and two together until I called her. I am still waiting for an answer from RCL on what they are going to do. Apparently, she documented everything and went higher up. So we will see.

Jennifer

Archived