Gumbalimba Park or set up a tour with Boddens?

travgurl

The Cruise lines get an exclusive at Gumbalimba Park while they are in port so the only way to get into Gumbalimba while a ship is in port is to book through the cruise line. If you want to stay in one place with a canopy tour, tropical gardens, monkeys, beach & water activities activities and more Gumbalimba Park is your ticket.

Most of what Gumbalimba Park has to offer can be done through a tour with Victor plus you get to see more of the island and choose your restaurant. South Shore Canopy Tours is in the same area as Gumbalimba Park & Tabayana Beach (West Bay Beach area). West Bay Beach is a long strip of beautiful white sand beach with many resorts including Tabayana Resort which also gives the cruise lines an exclusive. The beach itself is public and only gets private after you pass the vegetation line. Many of the other resorts on West Bay Beach charge a small fee to use their facilities while others will let you use them if you buy food and drinks. You can snorkel in the same place as the guest who paid for the Tabayana Beach tour or take the water taxi the short distance from West Bay Beach to West End Village / Half Moon Bay. There are a few shops, resorts and restaurants in this rustic village plus more good snorkeling but the beach is lacking. This trip to the west side of the island also has scenic overlooks and the Butterfly Garden.

Victor can take you to the Iguana Farm & stop by his house for a photo with his pet monkeys but the Iguana Farm would take you in a easterly direction first. The Iguana Farm was more interesting than I first thought it would be but I would opt. to skip both the Iguana Farm & Victor's house for more time in West End Village & on West Bay Beach.

• 4 weeks later...

I just booked Victor four our Roatan stop in early November. I'm so confused about the whole Gumbalimba thing...can we go there with Victor? It seems like there are so many great things to do there (but, of course, if we did everything we wanted to, seems like it might also cost a bloody fortune). Can anyone help?

Archived