Calling All Carnival Cruise Experts!!

We are going on our second Carnival Cruise shortly. The first time we drove to the port in New Orleans. This time we are cruising out of Tampa on the Inspiration. On the day of Debarkation, our flight doesn't head out until 6:55 PM. On RCCL they offer a baggage transfer to the airport? Does Carnival do this as well? We want to spend the day enjoying Tampa but don't want to carry around our luggage all day. If they don't offer a baggage transfer any suggestions on what to do? A tour guide or car rental? Also thought about doing the post cruise excursion through Carnival. There is only 1 to the aquarium. This is our last ditch plan. We have som fabulous aquariums in TN. Kind of a been there done that option.

Thanks for all your help!!

While some of the individual airlines might--Carnival doesn't offer a "baggage transfer" service. Haven't been to the Port of Tampa in several years, but I'm sure at least one rental car company has cars near both the port/airport. I'm sure others will tell you more

I'm not a cruise expert, but I'm working on it;) :D We've been on 3 so far and have our 4th already booked. I do know that Carnival does not have the baggage transfer to the airport.......yet. Maybe soon. Not sure what to recommend other than an excursion offered through the ship for debarkation day. The aquarium excursion will store your luggage for you so I've read on the Gulf Coast Departures section of these boards. I also found this little tidbit that may be of help:

Inside the front entrance to Terminal 2, Destination Tampa Bay will store your luggage for a nominal fee. The Florida Aquarium will also store your luggage if you choose to visit their facility."
Hope that helps a little.:)

I think I remember reading on the Gulf Coast Departure board something about luggage storage being available at the Port of Tampa until 4 pm.

Have you asked/looked there yet? Maybe try doing a search using "Tampa" + "luggage" over there. You can probably find some suggestions for things to do there as well. Hope this helps.:)

(looks like Bubbles beat me to it)

not quite an expert, working on it!! sailed the inspiration last may. they do have a place u can keep your luggage for i think $5..the aquarium is really close, dont know what carnival is charging, but i think u can walk to the aquarium, find out b4 u pay for an excursion! ybor city is right there as well. it s an old cuban city, cigar rollers and cuban restaurants, shops..the beach is about 40 min from the airport, public ones have showers.. busch gardens is close too..maybe u have energy after a cruise! not this ol gal. haha hope this helps..cindy

not quite an expert, working on it!! sailed the inspiration last may. they do have a place u can keep your luggage for i think $5..the aquarium is really close, dont know what carnival is charging, but i think u can walk to the aquarium, find out b4 u pay for an excursion! ybor city is right there as well. it s an old cuban city, cigar rollers and cuban restaurants, shops..the beach is about 40 min from the airport, public ones have showers.. busch gardens is close too..maybe u have energy after a cruise! not this ol gal. haha hope this helps..cindy
The Aquarium and the Carnival terminal are 100 feet apart. Same side of the street. There was a show this past week on top ten aquariums in the country and it was on the list. Understand that this aquarium is set up completely centered around Florida sea and fresh water life and wetlands. It is interesting...

It is also one of the only aquariums in the country where you can dive with the sharks in the shark display. Need to be certified and very limited and very pricey.

When done at the aquarium you could walk next door to Channelside for a late lunch at several restauraants. Cold beer there also...Then hop a cab to the airport.;)

Archived