How to check out your cabin

buslady5

ahead of time? I saw that someone had posted that you can see pictures of the actual cabin you will be on? How do you do that? My husband and I are cruising (for the 1st time for our 25th anniversary) on the Carribean Princess on September 8th. :) TIA

Hi, Buslady! We just returned from an Alaskan cruise, and I, too had wanted to see pictures of the cabin we would be in. My daughter suggested doing a google search by putting: Sun Princess Mini Suite pictures. Sure enough, a couple had posted pictures from their trip online, and we were able to see just what we would be getting - much better than the cruise line diagrams and single picture.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

Kathleen

The only way I know of is to do a search on google, as suggested, or on webshots. There is no site I know of that shows actual pictures or diagrams of your specific cabin, just representatives of what most of that cabin catgory will be like.

What type room do you have? Someone might have pictures they took personally.

We had a balcony room...walk in and to the left is a very small bathroom - shower (with weighted down curtain), toilet (that will suck your insides out if you sat on it while you flush it), large mirror and sink with 3 small shelves. In front of bathroom, is a large closet and a cabinet with a safe that has plenty of shelves for your personal belongings. The closet has lots of hangers and you can ask for more if needed, and has floor space for shoes and a top shelf for life vests and towels (large blue/white striped ones used for the swimming pool and beach trips). Walking forward is a queen bed (ask for egg crate for on top of the mattress, and feather pillows), then a desk with wooden chair. You will have a nightstand on each side of the bed that has 2 drawers each and the desk also has 2 drawers. Lamps are over each night stand. Beside the desk- a phone and hair dryer. There is a small regular sitting chair in front of the balcony doors. In the corner is the tv with a small counter top and your mini refridgerator sits under there. Ice bucket will be in there with ice in it. I would recommend bringing a power strip if you have extra things to plug in and a plastic shoe holder to put behind the bathroom door to keep your small things in order. Our room was done in turquoise and peach color scheme and had a Caribbean type feel to it with the colors and wall pictures. On the balcony (Riviera Deck), are two chairs and this balcony is covered.

Best of all - you will have a great time!!!!

Hope you can close your eyes and picture your room.

We had a balcony room...walk in and to the left is a very small bathroom - shower (with weighted down curtain), toilet (that will suck your insides out if you sat on it while you flush it), large mirror and sink with 3 small shelves. In front of bathroom, is a large closet and a cabinet with a safe that has plenty of shelves for your personal belongings. The closet has lots of hangers and you can ask for more if needed, and has floor space for shoes and a top shelf for life vests and towels (large blue/white striped ones used for the swimming pool and beach trips). Walking forward is a queen bed (ask for egg crate for on top of the mattress, and feather pillows), then a desk with wooden chair. You will have a nightstand on each side of the bed that has 2 drawers each and the desk also has 2 drawers. Lamps are over each night stand. Beside the desk- a phone and hair dryer. There is a small regular sitting chair in front of the balcony doors. In the corner is the tv with a small counter top and your mini refridgerator sits under there. Ice bucket will be in there with ice in it. I would recommend bringing a power strip if you have extra things to plug in and a plastic shoe holder to put behind the bathroom door to keep your small things in order. Our room was done in turquoise and peach color scheme and had a Caribbean type feel to it with the colors and wall pictures. On the balcony (Riviera Deck), are two chairs and this balcony is covered.

Thanks for that great description! We're on the Crown, but I assume it is virtually the same. Quick question: there is no real "dresser of drawers" for folded clothing, right? Basically you put your shorts, t-shirts, etc. on the shelves in the closet? I've never really heard anyone complain about lack of clothing storage space, so I guess this works ok. Thanks again -

Each ship has hundreds of cabins so you search forever for your specific cabin.

However, there is a web site that has video virtual tours of most cabin categories on all the major cruise ships:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/home1.php

After selecting your cruise line and ship, then click on the icon that is labeled "click for 360 views".

Have fun.

Another site I've found useful is the cruisesonly site. I was able to see the layout by a virtual tour of the Sea Princess aft minsuite. We had one on her when she was with P&O and all the picture I had previously found had shown the layout of the midship minis. It was only when I went on that site and saw the virtual tour of Dawn or Sun, can't remember which that I saw what the aft minis looked like. Fantastic. Give it a try.

:) Annie

Each ship has hundreds of cabins so you search forever for your specific cabin.

However, there is a web site that has video virtual tours of most cabin categories on all the major cruise ships:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/home1.php

After selecting your cruise line and ship, then click on the icon that is labeled "click for 360 views".

Have fun.

Thanks for posting that site ! I always forget about it but now it's in my favorites :D !!!

We had a balcony room...walk in and to the left is a very small bathroom - shower (with weighted down curtain), toilet (that will suck your insides out if you sat on it while you flush it), large mirror and sink with 3 small shelves. In front of bathroom, is a large closet and a cabinet with a safe that has plenty of shelves for your personal belongings. The closet has lots of hangers and you can ask for more if needed, and has floor space for shoes and a top shelf for life vests and towels (large blue/white striped ones used for the swimming pool and beach trips). Walking forward is a queen bed (ask for egg crate for on top of the mattress, and feather pillows), then a desk with wooden chair. You will have a nightstand on each side of the bed that has 2 drawers each and the desk also has 2 drawers. Lamps are over each night stand. Beside the desk- a phone and hair dryer. There is a small regular sitting chair in front of the balcony

doors. In the corner is the tv with a small counter top and your mini refridgerator sits under there. Ice bucket will be in there with ice in it. I would recommend bringing a power strip if you have extra things to plug in and a plastic shoe holder to put behind the bathroom door to keep your small things in order. Our room was done in turquoise and peach color scheme and had a Caribbean type feel to it with the colors and wall pictures. On the balcony (Riviera Deck), are two chairs and this balcony is covered.

Vanilla:

Do the balcony rooms have any type of clock in them ?

Soontoretire

you could search your cabin category and number in this forum at the top right. just type ship and cabin number or cabin category. you may get threads that have pictures linked to them.

Enjoy your cruise!

Vanilla:

Do the balcony rooms have any type of clock in them ?

Soontoretire

Not Vanilla here, but I can attest to the fact that the phones have a built in clock for the time. But as for a regular clock say with an alarm, no, no ships we have ever sailed on has supplied a clock in the stateroom except for the time on the telephone.

SusieQ

The cabinet with shelves that works as your dresser or chest of drawers is very sufficient. Inside there are approximately 5 deep/wide shelves, your safe, and it has a door on it to keep it neat/tidy. We put all our clothes in there for the week except for our shoes and hang up items.

Soontoretire

There is a clock on the phone, but you have to get up and really try to see it. No alarm though. We brought a travel alarm clock (batteries) with us and used that. Sure helped for that nap we took in the afternoon so that we weren't late for the captains party.

You can have wake up calls but a travel alarm is the best.

Buslady, you didn't say what type of cabin. They are pretty standard within each type of ship and type of cabin. If you post where it is on the Caribbean Princess, I might be able to help more.

Sandi

Archived